Hi

Does anyone know if it is possible to view videos over the Bridge/Bluetooth connection, I have a 32gb card in my 9850 and would be cool to load vids on this and watch on my PB.

Tried with an MP4 but when i open up the file manager and go to the videos folder i recieve the message that their are no videos to display - file is MP4 and was converted using aimersoft and plays directly on PB.

Also tried sending the file from the Phone to the PB but recieve - Failed to Find Service message??

Anyone got any advice.

Thanks
    Darren
    07-22-12 05:50 PM
    No you can't at this time. I would hope it's possible with 2.1, I guess we will see. Open up pictures open up music open up ______. Hmmmmmmm what's missing?
    07-22-12 11:27 PM
    Well i decided to test the next best thing...

I connected the playbook to my cellphone through bluetooth and tethered a connection. I then accessed my home IIS server which has a collection of videos hosted on it. I thought I would try to steam them through the tethered connection.

A 720x404 mp4 steams great. Mind you my cellular connection is hspa+. This can be a round about way for you to watch your videos on your playbook if no wifi network is available. The downside of course is you use data.

I also tried streaming just on the bluetooth blackberry connection and it lagged out. Took about 4 minutes to load, then continually stopped and staggered. If I had about half the resolution I imagine it would actually work.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...haring-609013/
    07-23-12 02:44 AM
    Guyzer,

Can you tell me how the videos were converted to play on PB via bridge?
    I have some lower resolution videos that I CAN stream from phone to PB. Unfortunately I converted them a long time ago and don't remember what codecs were used. I downloaded a program to show what codecs were used but when I try to convert using the same properties I get an unsupported format error.
    07-23-12 08:09 AM

Also tried sending the file from the Phone to the PB but recieve - Failed to Find Service message??

Anyone got any advice.

Thanks
    Darren
    I use Files and Folders to transfer files between the two devices. It's a paid app but worth the small fee. There may be some free apps that do the same thing.
    I also just learned about File Scout. The paid version(there is a free trial)has a wifi file transfer feature. Good for moving single large files.
    07-23-12 08:14 AM
    I stream videos from my phone through bridge...

If the file isn't seen, put it in the music folder and name its extension .mp3
    Then open the mp3 and it will start playing your video.
    07-24-12 01:21 AM
    I stream videos from my phone through bridge...

If the file isn't seen, put it in the music folder and name its extension .mp3
    Then open the mp3 and it will start playing your video.
    I'll give that a try. Thanks.

Any idea of the format and codecs used on those videos?
    07-24-12 07:11 AM
    I downloaded a YouTube video a while back using Keepvid.com and it streams through bridge without an issue. I converted one of my daughters dvds to an mp4 using a piece of software and it doesn't stream.

Don't know if there is anything specific I need to do as far as the mp4 type, etc
    07-24-12 05:40 PM
    I'll give that a try. Thanks.

Any idea of the format and codecs used on those videos?
    Hey Chaddface,

I can't test it right now but the one video I know for sure was playing VLC says it is...

Codec: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (avc1)
    Resolution: 320x170
    Frame Rate: 25
    Audio: MPEG AAC Audio (mp4a)
    48000Hz

Bashman, did you try changing the extension to mp3 instead of mp4 and put it in an accessible folder?
    07-24-12 08:25 PM
    Bashman, did you try changing the extension to mp3 instead of mp4 and put it in an accessible folder?
    I renamed one of my videos to .mp3 and opened it through bridge files on playbook and said "file type isn't supported"
    07-24-12 10:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD