Hey all,

About a month or so ago, the Sherlock Holmes video was up for free and I downloaded it to my PB and watched it not problem. Since then I have had to do a wipe and reinstall on my PB. I backed up the 18.gb video file and put it back on the PB but I can't remember when it goes. I have it under the video directory however it's not showing in my downloads section in the video store. Does it only look for it in one spot and if so where?

Mike
    12-04-12 03:51 PM
    Research In Motion foolishly does not enforce a logical storage strategy for the applications so we have unused subdirectories from the initial launch of BlackBerry Tablet OS. Again it smacks of inexperienced software engineers and software developers. On my BlackBerry PlayBook the Sherlock Holmes movie from BlackBerry Videro Store is stored in the subdirectory labelled 'videos' and has the name 'Sherlock Holmes (Premium).ismv'. The BlackBerry Videro Store will show the movie graphic under My Library within the application.

Personally, I was disappointed with the movie and think Research In Motion could have chosen something more enjoyable 'Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore.' Besides the prices for content seem out of line with reality and the television series offerings are pathetic; for example., Big Bang Theory only has Seasons 1,2,5,6 - where are Seasons 3 and 4?

FYI, Mike - you should not use a blackberry.net email address for BlackBerry ID because recovery passwords will not be sent to blackberry.net addresses by design.
    Mike_Luchia likes this.
    12-04-12 04:08 PM
    Research In Motion foolishly does not enforce a logical storage strategy for the applications so we have unused subdirectories from the initial launch of BlackBerry Tablet OS. Again it smacks of inexperienced software engineers and software developers. On my BlackBerry PlayBook the Sherlock Holmes movie from BlackBerry Videro Store is stored in the subdirectory labelled 'videos' and has the name 'Sherlock Holmes (Premium).ismv'. The BlackBerry Videro Store will show the movie graphic under My Library within the application.

Personally, I was disappointed with the movie and think Research In Motion could have chosen something more enjoyable 'Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore.' Besides the prices for content seem out of line with reality and the television series offerings are pathetic; for example., Big Bang Theory only has Seasons 1,2,5,6 - where are Seasons 3 and 4?

FYI, Mike - you should not use a blackberry.net email address for BlackBerry ID because recovery passwords will not be sent to blackberry.net addresses by design.
    Thanks for the reply, I'll see if I can get it working again. I didn't think it was that bad of a movie for the price.

I realized what you were saying about the Blackberry.net email for BlackBerry ID after I had setup the PlayBook for the first time and had purchased some apps. As far as I know there is not way to change my BB ID and retain the apps I have purchased is there?
    12-04-12 04:15 PM
    Apologies for the naive questions. I don't have access to the video store (I am in UK). But how someone is supposed to watch a 18GB movie in his/her 16GB PB (practically 14GB)? And secondly, if I am not mistaken, here in UK internet providers have a limit how much you can download per day - usually 5gb per day. How is this supposed to be downloaded without disruptions in the connection imposed by the provider?
    12-04-12 04:20 PM
    Apologies for the naive questions. I don't have access to the video store (I am in UK). But how someone is supposed to watch a 18GB movie in his/her 16GB PB (practically 14GB)? And secondly, if I am not mistaken, here in UK internet providers have a limit how much you can download per day - usually 5gb per day. How is this supposed to be downloaded without disruptions in the connection imposed by the provider?
    That's easy, an nut like me missed the . and it was supposed to be 1.8gb Sorry about that.
    12-04-12 04:24 PM
    That's easy, an nut like me missed the . and it was supposed to be 1.8gb Sorry about that.
    Ok, this clarify things now. It'd be really great the video store to expand to other countries.
    12-04-12 04:28 PM
    I realized what you were saying about the Blackberry.net email for BlackBerry ID after I had setup the PlayBook for the first time and had purchased some apps. As far as I know there is not way to change my BB ID and retain the apps I have purchased is there?
    On the main screen of the tablet select Settings (gear icon) in the upper right corner and then select BlackBerry ID followed by clicking on the pencil icon to edit the BlackBerry ID Username. As always back-up the contents of your BlackBerry PlayBook before performing these steps. Paranoia is only bad when you realize you were right to be paranoid but failed to act upon that paranoia.

Article Number: KB31045
    Article Title: How to change or update a BlackBerry ID username on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet
    Article Link: KB31045-How to change or update a BlackBerry ID username on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet
    12-04-12 04:43 PM