After connecting to my receiver, I have been able to play movies on the connected television. However, the videos that I recorded on the Playbook and the demo video will not play---a problem with "media" is identified. However, disconnect the HDMI and these videos are fine on the Playbook. Any thoughts?
    02-10-12 10:24 AM
    After connecting to my receiver, I have been able to play movies on the connected television. However, the videos that I recorded on the Playbook and the demo video will not play---a problem with "media" is identified. However, disconnect the HDMI and these videos are fine on the Playbook. Any thoughts?
    What do you mean by receiver? Are you going into presentation mode when trying to play videos on tv? Never heard of anyone having this problem before.
    02-10-12 10:30 AM
    What do you mean by receiver? Are you going into presentation mode when trying to play videos on tv? Never heard of anyone having this problem before.
    Receiver is my audio amplifier etc that is connected to the television. I did not go into presentation mode---I willl try that. However, as I said, the converted movies and games work but the other videos do not.
    02-10-12 10:34 AM
    Then my guess would be that the hdmi cable has to be connected directly to your tv, why don't you try that.
    02-10-12 11:03 AM
    I just got a 64gig last week and tested the video. It is playing at this very moment on my tv. Looking at a second and it, too, is displaying.
    02-10-12 11:16 AM
    Then my guess would be that the hdmi cable has to be connected directly to your tv, why don't you try that.
    I can try that, but I query why the externally added videos work, but the original and recorded ones do not.
    02-10-12 11:50 AM
    Maybe try a restart. I have never had that issue related to the HDMI out. I am assuming this error is on the PB and not coming from the receiver.
    /
    It should be noted that not all receivers are created equal. I just got a new one because my old only supported HDMI pass through. If this is the case you will not get any sound from the PB. The way things change with technology getting a receiver with the ability to update via the Internet will help with longevity.
    02-10-12 11:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD