01-23-12 08:35 AM
35 12
tools
    Just do a restart and you'll be good to go.
    Thanks for the tip but it did not work for me. Ive restarted my PB plenty of times and still no dice. CityTv is pulling some real bush league stunt by blocking the PB browser. The real kicker is that they stream their adds flawlessly prior to delivering a blanks screen or an error.
    11-15-11 11:28 PM
    They all work great for me.

In addition these Canadian sites work as well Globaltv.ca, MTV.ca, SpikeTV.com, OutTV.ca, HGTV.ca, and thecomedynetwork.ca. That's all I've tested so far.
    11-16-11 02:55 AM
    Mind is running flawlessly. What Playbook OS are you running? I'm on 2.0 and I know the flash player got updated along with the OS.

Thanks for the tip but it did not work for me. Ive restarted my PB plenty of times and still no dice. CityTv is pulling some real bush league stunt by blocking the PB browser. The real kicker is that they stream their adds flawlessly prior to delivering a blanks screen or an error.
    11-16-11 03:04 AM
    it is annoying that i can not watch shows from the citytv site, especially when my spouse's ipad worked....it was disappointing
    Citytv Video Portal Home
    11-28-11 04:41 AM
    I haven't had any trouble viewing videos on the cbc, ctv & globaltv websites. City tv always shows the commercials then it stops on a grey screen.
    11-28-11 09:43 AM
    I was very happy to find out this past saturday that the CBC live hockey feeds seem to work for me on the playbook (they did not last year during the playoffs).

I had the Montreal game on the TV, and the Winnipeg game on the playbook. That was fun!
    11-28-11 02:52 PM
    i will check again but from memory all work fine on wifi

while mobile if using bridge i find that i need to tether in order to have video play with telus.
    onatewi likes this.
    11-28-11 05:51 PM
    I was able to watch shows from CBC, Global, CTV and Rogers on Demand... Rogers on Demand was kind of difficult to use... It would be nice if there was an App for Playbook for all the TV stations in Canada.

I hope CityTV get onboard with the Playbook.

I've had my Playbook since Jan. 4th and very happy so far.

Tom, Toronto
    01-23-12 12:28 AM
    I've started having problems with Rogers on Demand. I'm on the latest OS2 Beta and when I try to play a video, I get an error message saying something about a "Content License" missing... it works on my PC, so I know it's a PlayBook issue and not something with my account.

It used to work well on earlier OS2 versions (maybe not the previous one, but I know on the first couple OS2's it did work). It also worked well with OS1.

I haven't tried CTV, CBC or CityTV, so can't weigh in on those.

Would love to get Rogers On Demand working properly and/or an app, but that seems like a long shot!
    andegwa likes this.
    01-23-12 07:29 AM
    I am on the 1.8 official OS ... and Rogers On Demand works well for me. We even rented a movie on the weekend and connected to the TV ... reception through the PB was terrific.

CTV works OK ... although there are often long pauses that can't be reconciled between segments.

CBC works OK ... but I haven't watched it much.

CITYtv we get through Rogers On Demand. It works well.
    01-23-12 08:35 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD