I have searched the forums and have not found mention of this... When I am bridged and try to stream a video, say by Amazon instant video - it stops and says that I am not in the US, therefore the service isn't available to me. It works fine when I'm on Wifi. I am on Verizon - in the New York City area. Anyone else experience this and maybe have a work around.
    06-05-12 06:48 PM
    The video is playing on your phone or playbook?
    06-05-12 06:52 PM
    When you go through your carrier network the connection is coming from Canada (if you are in the USA).
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-05-12 06:53 PM
    Not available in Canada. RIM's server is in Canada. So there ya have it.
    06-05-12 07:09 PM
    The bridge sends the data to your BB phone. The phone sends it to the carrier network (Verizon). When going through a carrier network in the USA and when connected to BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS), your data is encrypted and compressed and sent to the Network Operations Center in Canada where it is decompressed and then sent to BIS where it is decrypted. Finally it is sent to the Internet. This is why your connection is coming from Canada.
    06-05-12 07:09 PM
    Ok, I guess that explains it. Just never noticed or knew that. Thanks for the info.
    06-05-12 07:14 PM