Hey guys,
    Just a quick question-I haven't downloaded anything from the Video Store yet, but I was wondering if the picture quality is as good as the PB video demo that comes preloaded. Whenever I watch a trailer the picture quality doesn't seem too nice, but I was hoping the actual downloaded versions are better. Anyone know? Thanks!
    05-29-12 01:24 PM
    Hey guys,
    Just a quick question-I haven't downloaded anything from the Video Store yet, but I was wondering if the picture quality is as good as the PB video demo that comes preloaded. Whenever I watch a trailer the picture quality doesn't seem too nice, but I was hoping the actual downloaded versions are better. Anyone know? Thanks!
    That, of course, depends on the release. It may be full HD, it may be 720p... I downloaded an episode of Fringe and it was quite good, but not 1080p.
    05-29-12 02:11 PM
    How do you get the video store. I have 2.0.1.358 but the icon isn't there
    05-29-12 03:32 PM
    I downloaded an episode of Fringe and it was quite good, but not 1080p.
    Fringe is a Fox show, and Fox broadcasts in 720p. You can check its resolution by transferring it to your PC, right clicking on it and going into properties.
    05-29-12 03:32 PM
    Since this seems to be answered, I have a question about the Video Store.

Is the format of the videos proprietary or locked like iTunes? Will I be able to use any device (not connected to the web ie not through the web browser) that I own to watch the bought movie/tv show?
    05-29-12 03:47 PM
    Since this seems to be answered, I have a question about the Video Store.

Is the format of the videos proprietary or locked like iTunes? Will I be able to use any device (not connected to the web ie not through the web browser) that I own to watch the bought movie/tv show?
    You can transfer the videos to/from the PB but can only watch on the PB that downloaded the movie.
    I have found no way around this.
    BerryClever likes this.
    05-29-12 03:58 PM
    It is restricted to certain countries due to copyright issues.
    05-29-12 05:12 PM
    You can transfer the videos to/from the PB but can only watch on the PB that downloaded the movie.
    I have found no way around this.
    Thanks for the answer. I am hoping that with this new Walmart DVD ripping service that movies and music becomes more free. Double edged sword to say the least, but it would be nice if one could buy a movie and watch it on any device they owned with any player they wanted.
    05-29-12 06:13 PM
    I am hoping that with this new Walmart DVD ripping service that movies and music becomes more free.
    There is no Walmart ripping service. What they have is a service where you take your disc to Walmart, pay their fee, and they then give you access to a cloud based stream of the same flick, assuming that the flick is among their available titles. They also mark the original disc so it can't be used again for this service.
    05-29-12 10:33 PM
    Check for updates after going behind a US proxy.
    05-30-12 12:37 AM
    but it would be nice if one could buy a movie and watch it on any device they owned with any player they wanted.
    ....you can, it's called ripping the movie.

That, of course, depends on the release. It may be full HD, it may be 720p... I downloaded an episode of Fringe and it was quite good, but not 1080p.
    720p is "full HD", and regardless this really doesn't have a determination of the quality. You can upscale a DVD source to 1080p, it's not going to look like a demo video that entire purpose is to show off the screen.
    05-30-12 02:59 AM
    ....you can, it's called ripping the movie.

720p is "full HD", and regardless this really doesn't have a determination of the quality. You can upscale a DVD source to 1080p, it's not going to look like a demo video that entire purpose is to show off the screen.
    Read what I said as 720p/1080p unscaled then. Besides you, I'm sure everybody got that.
    Last edited by diegonei; 05-30-12 at 11:44 AM.
    05-30-12 11:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD