I still have BlackBerry World but I'm missing the Video Store and Music Store.

Any ideas on how I can get these back on my PlayBook?
    01-18-14 07:44 PM
    You can try downloading the extracted OS .bar files and just load the ones you need - https://mega.co.nz/#!Rps2kKTb!XfRhOG...iXStHzrpjEPOIs I know the musicstore one is in there but I dunno what they called the video store file.
    01-18-14 10:24 PM
    Have you tried checking for software updates?
    01-19-14 07:09 AM
    What country are you in?
    01-19-14 01:01 PM
    In the US with the latest software.

I'll give that a shot Bla1ze.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 09:57 PM
    Believe ther is Knowledge base article on this. Seems like you need to hook your PB to the computers and check for software updates. The missing icon shouild be restored.

Here is a Knowledge Base article which may be of interest.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl
    01-21-14 12:56 AM
    As far as I'm aware the US is the only place that allows video store. Each time I leave the icon disappears and when I return it pops up again!
    01-21-14 12:46 PM
    Bla1ze
    I tried to download from link it says it needs a decryption key? Any idea what the key is?
    I have same issue missing these two file. BB Help desk said to reinstall OS, no thanks too many sideloads & video files to add back in.
    01-23-14 07:55 PM
    Are the Video Chat, Slacker Radio and NFB apps in there as well? They vanished when I updated the OS! Thanks!
    01-25-14 03:01 PM
    video and music stores available in Canada, but as separate apps, from BlackBerry World...not part of the OS
    02-03-14 11:12 AM
    Can someone post a link to the latest BAR file for the current PB video store? Or at least confirm that "videostore-1.1.0.15-nto+armle-v7+signed.bar" included in the above MEGA link is the current version for OS 2.1.0.1917? I am also getting the missing video store issue with the security wipe, and I want to watch all season 1 eps of Homeland during the long 15 hr flight to Dubai!
    05-05-14 07:33 AM
    Have run into the same problem. Have two playbooks, one has the video store and it's working the other doesn't. Aside from wiping the device, is there a way to transfer the .bar from the device that has the working video store to the one that doesn't?
    06-16-14 05:02 PM
    Have run into the same problem. Have two playbooks, one has the video store and it's working the other doesn't. Aside from wiping the device, is there a way to transfer the .bar from the device that has the working video store to the one that doesn't?
    First, don't wipe it because the video store will not reappear after the reload. Follow the MEGA link above and side-load the video store bar file ("videostore-1.1.0.15-nto+armle-v7+signed.bar") onto your Playbook. No one has responded as to why the video store has gone totally missing from the Playbook. But the side loaded bar file works great for me.
    06-19-14 12:27 PM
    video and music stores available in Canada, but as separate apps, from BlackBerry World...not part of the OS
    Is there any way to get the Canadian Video Store app? I bought a PlayBook 4G, but it's missing that one app. I tried the bar file but it won't work outside the US.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 11:02 PM
    At this point with the shutdown of all (BB10 included) video/music sales four weeks away this is a bit of a pointless question. Any third party music / movie solutions for the PlayBook?

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 07:31 AM
    At this point with the shutdown of all (BB10 included) video/music sales four weeks away this is a bit of a pointless question. Any third party music / movie solutions for the PlayBook?
    Not sure the Amazon deal is covering the PB since it is EOL. I would suggest migrating to the Z10 unlocked. I have.

The BIGGEST mistake BB has made with the BB10 roll out is cancel the PB upgrade. The Amazon deal is what all PB owners have been desperately waiting for. I've had my Z10 for less than a month and I love it. I would have upgraded sooner if BB10 had come to the PB.
    06-20-14 07:45 AM
    I have a Z10 that I use daily. Also using the PlayBook daily. Tried the z30 for a week but prefer the size of the z10 for a phone.

But at any rate I only use one android app and won't be buying through the amazon store.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 10:17 AM
    Well, Amazon Prime does work on the PB with Origami Browser. At least streaming does, never bought a d/l so don't know what format/licensing they use. I doubt if BBRY will insist on any stipulation that this will continue to work for PBs, as they don't seem to care about PB users anymore. The only good thing I can see out of this is that our purchased movies may be archived in MyWorld. Again, not sure they will do this on the PB side.

The Amazon deal really isn't that much of a breakthrough other than Amazon is sanctioning it now. Amazon app store and Snap work fine on my Z30. It is just that none of the apps are guaranteed to work, which is what BBRY needs to work on. Although BBRY says >90% work, I think it is more 50/50 based on what I want to use.
    06-20-14 01:22 PM