I think this is the most underrated feature in OS 2.0. Moving renting is a breeze on Playbook 2.0, although some say movies are expensive but I think it is worth it, typically all the new releases are priced @$3.99 and some @$2.99. I have rented Harry Potter Deathly Hallows -part 2 movie this weekend and my guests were surprised how well it played on the Playbook when connected to my 46" LCD TV.

Although you can rent can rent it from brick and motar stores but the hassle of picking up and dropping it off..late fees and the uncertainty whether the movie is available or not doesn't cut it. Instead I would happily pay $3.99 and enjoy the movie and the good part is that you can view the movie any time in 30 days after the rental order is placed (although the catch is that it is available for viewing for only 24 hours after you start watching the movie). It supports offline viewing too..meaning it gets downloaded to your playbook and can view it on the go - a flight,a train or a car etc..All the titles are available the sameday the day DVD is released unlike other video rental places where there is a 30 day waiting period.

IMO Netflix is overrated and complete waste of ones time. How many movies do you usually view in a week, a month, or a year? Even if you see a movie a day you will be soon exhausted with all good titles in a year. In the first year of my Netflix I really liked it but after that I was simply paying $11 a month..and sometimes I used to keep the DVD 2-3months even without opening it and/or sometimes I returned the DVD even with out watching it. Also I buy all the classics or the movies I like or when something good goes on sale and the question of having to pay for watching a movie again and again in my case is a mute point.

That said, some of the future Improvements I would like to see are:
    1) I would want to see all the stores under the App world instead of different apps for music, books and videos etc, in a way like an android market or atleast make everything seemless by using a common Id concept aka BB ID.
    2) Enhanced TV and Movie library
    Last edited by sf49ers; 03-05-12 at 09:10 PM.
    03-05-12 08:49 PM
    I guess that is why I do not see all of the hub bub over a Netflix app for the PB. I do not watch many movies! I can count one one hand how many movies I have watched in the last year or two! Now that my grand daughter is getting older this might change. I love the look of my PB on my big screen tv!
    03-05-12 09:00 PM
    If I had to choose, I'd pick the video store availability in Canada over Netflix for pb.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    03-05-12 09:06 PM
    I do like the store and hope they can improve their selection, especially when it comes to tv series. BTW, I contacted their customers service once and they told me that they're already working on a streaming only option.
    03-05-12 09:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD