Thanks to a genius member we can now save videos to our devices directly from our playbooks.

My gf has been saving music videos to her playbook and would like to have them play on a loop at a party shes going to have soon. I havent found an option for video playlists, and am wondering if they can be created on the device or on the comp and moved to the device
    05-11-11 03:34 PM
    I do the same...whats the point of downloading just the music when I can get a video version?

I don't think you'll find anyhting with the playbook...maybe a third party app...
    05-31-11 03:21 PM
    Is there any way to have videos play one after another automatically?
    06-08-11 12:28 AM
    Maybe the demo mode in general settings to have it play while plugged in... I haven't tried it though. Theres no option in the video player.
    06-08-11 12:58 AM
    wow super old post here. just wondering if anyone had found a way to make this happen, maybe found an app that will add this feature? if not ill throw it out there to any developers id pay a couple bucks no prob for this feature!!
    01-16-12 10:15 PM
    Still not available unfortunately.
    01-16-12 11:37 PM
    Bumping this thread. I would really appreciate a way to make video playlists. I'm wondering if anyone has found a way to do this including android apps. I tried mvideoplayer, but it wouldn't play anything. The VLC direct only plays videos streamed from another computer.
    02-24-12 02:46 PM
    There is at least one way to do it. The MovieFlvPlayer app, available for 99 cents in the app store, allows you to create a video playlist. However, this app will only play flash videos (because the PB resident video player will not play flash- only the browser will). If you're downloading videos from YouTube or other sources, download flash versions of the video. You can do this in Firefox by getting the "Easy YouTube Video Downloader" add on for Firefox, which lets you pick the format and resolution of the video you want to download. Then load the videos into your PB video folder, open the FlvPlayer app, open a video, then hit the "playlist" button that will appear.
    Last edited by pacoman03; 02-29-12 at 01:21 AM.
    02-29-12 01:16 AM
    Well, I would like to use one of the PB's in the car for my little daughter.
    I've a bunch of baby-tv cartoons on it, but the video player is not capable to play them all automatically. So it has no use...

If I'm wrong, please let me know, but as far as I can see, you have to start every movie separately, no chain function here...
    04-04-12 05:12 AM
    Same here I wish there is a playlist feature so that this can be used as presentation device when hooked up to a larger screen or projector.

Another thing is Wish it could detect the folders so that videos can be organized and tidy. I have them separated in each folder but when you go to the player it displays all of them.
    04-04-12 07:26 AM
    You can use Video Player / Playlist from FROZENFIRE
    you can make video playlist and play it simultaneously.
    08-14-12 06:32 AM
    Just wanted to add to this thread that there's a new native PB app called AutoPlay Videos
    . It was just approved today and may be what some folks are looking for (I'm the proud developer :-)

- Provides the ability to automatically play videos one after another
    - Supports all the video formats as the builtin Videos app;
    - Provides the ability to search through your files and create a dynamic playlist based on the results that can be autoplayed
    - Has a built-in "My favorites" playlist that you can quickly add videos to and play in continuous mode
    08-20-12 11:37 PM
    Just wanted to add to this thread that there's a new native PB app called AutoPlay Videos
    . It was just approved today and may be what some folks are looking for (I'm the proud developer :-)

- Provides the ability to automatically play videos one after another
    - Supports all the video formats as the builtin Videos app;
    - Provides the ability to search through your files and create a dynamic playlist based on the results that can be autoplayed
    - Has a built-in "My favorites" playlist that you can quickly add videos to and play in continuous mode
    Okay, I really don't need it but I will be the first on my block to purchase it. It could be useful and supporting a developer of an app that many have asked for seems reasonable.

As an aside, I just realized what else appworld is missing - you should be able to scan a bar code in appworld (pointing at your link's bar code on my monitor) and it should take you to the app on the pb. I know I can do it with 3rd party apps but those are indirect as they open the browser and then appworld.

Whoops, got an error downloading.... trying again....

Installed.

Okay, question or two. Can I create and save different playlists? Do I have to press the button next to the Heart+ to actually run the playlist (pl)? I just quickly added 4 short videos but only the first played?

edited to add: I will leave the questions but I pressed the "chasing arrows symbol" and the list is playing. NICE.

I will save the review for a bit since I don't want to get anything wrong or premature.
    Last edited by F2; 08-21-12 at 12:36 AM.
    08-21-12 12:31 AM
    Thanks F2 for the support -- it is greatly appreciated! In fact, the building of this app was sparked by your suggestion in the apps forum ... so thanks x2 :-)

For your questions: Yes, the button next to the Heart+ is the autoplay button. When you press it, it will turn green to indicate that it is turned on and autoplay mode is enabled for continuous play.

Currently the app provides the ability to add videos to the built-in 'My Favorites' list; dynamically play from the results from search; as well built-in list for 'All', 'Downloads','Camera', 'Videos' (corresponding to files in those shared directories). It doesn't yet support saving of additional custom playlists. This is something that I'd like to include for the next release as well as other features suggestions from community feedback on the initial release :-)
    08-21-12 07:29 AM
    You might have missed this topic in the Apps&Games area: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...37#post7579237

VideoPlaylist

Edit: it already posted above, didn't noticed it
    08-21-12 08:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD