Hi,
    As I am about to use my Playbook as a video player for a tutorial series of over 11 hours long and I don't want to scrub to the point I left off at the beginning of each new session, I am looking for a video player with some sort of autoresume functionality. Say: I stop at 14:11 minutes in, next time it starts at exactly at 14:11. Is this possible, am I perhaps simply overlooking something? Help would be appreciated...
    Oh and in case of the necessity of some additional app: it wouldn't need any additional bells and whistles. Preferably native, however & preferably free.
    10-10-13 08:50 AM
    You could sideload mVideo player, which has this feature. Native, no. Free, yes.
    10-10-13 09:00 AM
    Kalemsoft has resume which works very well but it is not free
    Carl Estes and FF22 like this.
    10-10-13 09:32 AM
    Kalemsoft has resume which works very well but it is not free
    Thank you both so far for your suggestions.
    I've looked at the Kalemsoft player and it looks promising (even if it is not free). Can this be considered "true" native or is it a potentially ugly Android port as well?
    10-10-13 11:03 AM
    You could sideload mVideo player, which has this feature. Native, no. Free, yes.
    +1 for mVideo Player. As Paco says, not Native, but does exactly what you want, and is quite a nice video player.
    Note, there are two distinct versions kicking around. The older version is a bit simpler. The newer version has a few extra bells and whistles(nice if you have a lot of feature films on your PlayBook), but both have an auto resume feature (which is what you need) and both are quite neat apps.
    I'm not sure on version numbers, but if you do a bit of Googleing, you should be able to find out (edit: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ayer.old&hl=en ). The dev. seems to be still supporting the older version as some users prefered it.
    10-10-13 11:14 AM
    Problem is, I want to avoid any more side-loading. This might be based on unfounded superstition, but my very annoying “saved networks” problem somehow seems to have been related to some app I once side-loaded and after I cleaned my PB of unneeded apps and Blackberry came with its latest update the problem mysteriously disappeared. So now I am a bit reluctant to do more side-loading as I rather like the Playbook remembering my saved networks.
    BTW: Is there a working bar-file around or would I have to do the conversion myself?
    10-10-13 11:26 AM
    Problem is, I want to avoid any more side-loading. This might be based on unfounded superstition, but my very annoying “saved networks” problem somehow seems to have been related to some app I once side-loaded and after I cleaned my PB of unneeded apps and Blackberry came with its latest update the problem mysteriously disappeared. So now I am a bit reluctant to do more side-loading as I rather like the Playbook remembering my saved networks.
    BTW: Is there a working bar around or would I have to do the conversion myself?
    Well, YMMV, but I have never had any issues with saved networks being forgotten with mVideo Player sideloaded
    If you are worried about side-loading though, them probably Kalemsoft is what you need. I have not used it, but I have heard many good things said about it!
    If you do decide to 'risk' mPlayer, there are certainly BAR files around. APK2BAR.com rings a bell, but if you search this forum for mvideo then there are definitely some posts with links to BAR files for this app.
    10-10-13 11:31 AM
    Well, YMMV, but I have never had any issues with saved networks being forgotten with mVideo Player sideloaded
    Your right about the milage, the saved networks fun would appear to be not all that common, which makes it even harder to figure out what actually caused it, hence my blunt attempt at protection...
    10-10-13 11:40 AM
    Kalemsoft is NOT an Android port - Native.
    10-10-13 01:33 PM
    Thank you all for your replies. I finally went with purchasing the Kalemsoft and I like what I've seen so far. First actually purchased app, but it's for a good cause...
    10-10-13 04:29 PM
    Thank you all for your replies. I finally went with purchasing the Kalemsoft and I like what I've seen so far. First actually purchased app, but it's for a good cause...
    Let us know how you feel about it after some use. Oh, i see the PB version is on sale. Hmm, maybe I should change the bbid on the second pb so that I can own a copy on both pb's and be able to video chat if I wanted between them - darn the wipe necessary to change the bbid!
    10-11-13 01:01 AM
    try autoplay video in blackberry world only 0,99
    10-11-13 04:57 AM
    I wouldn't, spend the extra,especially as Kalemsoft is on sale.

It also allows the playing of non 'native' media
    10-11-13 05:02 AM
    Let us know how you feel about it after some use. Oh, i see the PB version is on sale. Hmm, maybe I should change the bbid on the second pb so that I can own a copy on both pb's and be able to video chat if I wanted between them - darn the wipe necessary to change the bbid!
    Eh? Can you clarify that please. Kalemsoft can be used for video-chat?
    10-11-13 07:01 AM
    As much as I love kalemsoft media player, if all he wants is autoresume and bookmarking, autoplay does the trick at the small fraction of the cost.
    10-11-13 09:25 AM
    As much as I love kalemsoft media player, if all he wants is autoresume and bookmarking, autoplay does the trick at the small fraction of the cost.
    Problem is he, being me, has already purchased the Kalemsoft app. Suggestions after that fact aren't all that helpful, I'm afraid. But thanks anyway. Kalemsoft does the trick and that's about all the review I can give it as I haven't begun to explore its many features and so far have only - successfully - used it to watch and resume one type of video, which is exactly what I bought it for (and sadly that's not always the case, I might add)...
    10-11-13 10:24 AM