When playing a video I can pause it and minimize it to continue playback later.
    But if I shutdown it doesn't remember where the video is up to and starts again.
    Is there a tip to get it to save where its up to?

Thanks
    Last edited by captkipper; 02-18-12 at 09:39 AM.
    02-18-12 08:50 AM
    This is also something that bugs me. I really like having my spots saved on iDevices. Hopefully they will put this feature in the app in a future update.
    02-18-12 08:54 AM
    Another reason why PB is not in the elite class with its currents OS. This absolutely needs to be addressed in 2.0.

Such simple things that RIM missed on the 1st go round. Really makes you wonder what they were thinking. Have they never used products from their competitors?
    Sergeant HCR likes this.
    02-18-12 09:08 AM
    Manually make note of the current position (time). When you open it again, you can use the slider at the bottom to move to a close approx of where you were. That's it - it is another oversight that will hopefully be addressed in OS2 but I tend to doubt it.
    02-18-12 09:42 AM
    Another reason why PB is not in the elite class with its currents OS. This absolutely needs to be addressed in 2.0.

Such simple things that RIM missed on the 1st go round. Really makes you wonder what they were thinking. Have they never used products from their competitors?

Wow really, not in the elite class!?

Yes i have used and owned other products. This is a tiny issue, but the fact that i can stream hd video and audio to my home entertainment system WHILST still using my PBs many other great features puts it in the class of its own.

Still have my own memory means that I a, capable of remembering where in the movie i was.

So a useful feature bit class defining i think not.
    02-18-12 10:10 AM
    Wow really, not in the elite class!?

Yes i have used and owned other products. This is a tiny issue, but the fact that i can stream hd video and audio to my home entertainment system WHILST still using my PBs many other great features puts it in the class of its own.

Still have my own memory means that I a, capable of remembering where in the movie i was.

So a useful feature bit class defining i think not.
    Other devices CAN stream video to large TVs but honestly tablets are NOT designed for that purpose. There are many cheaper devices dedicated for this function that does it far better than any tablets can.
    02-18-12 10:22 AM
    Other devices CAN stream video to large TVs but honestly tablets are NOT designed for that purpose. There are many cheaper devices dedicated for this function that does it far better than any tablets can.
    Agreed. I use apple TV to stream directly to my tv so I have never used my PB for that purpose. And to that I can stream off of my desktop, laptop, iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.

Not sure RIM or PB has a chance at that capability because they simply don't have the product base (all sharing the same IOS and Cloud storage) that Apple does.

People need to stop saying that the PB doesn't need to improve, it does. RIM needs to improve their products to do what their competitors can do so that more people are interested in buying them. This is the Reality of the market right now.
    Last edited by Beckham23; 02-18-12 at 03:18 PM.
    02-18-12 03:13 PM
    I wouldn't pay a red cent for Apple TV. I spent a week on board a ship that used Apple TV. The "remote" was clunky and not very intuitive. The programming was undoubtedly affected by being at sea but that had nothing to do with the appalling hardware!

I'm not saying that the PB shouldn't be improved ... but I am saying that not everything from Apple is as "inspired" as some would have us believe.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-18-12 04:23 PM
    I doubt RIM will fix the resume/bookmark issue, I wish they would though.
    I suspect this will be a job for a third party media player.
    GOM Player does this on the PC, maybe we should ask them to develop a Playbook version.
    02-19-12 08:00 AM
    I doubt RIM will fix the resume/bookmark issue, I wish they would though.
    I suspect this will be a job for a third party media player.
    GOM Player does this on the PC, maybe we should ask them to develop a Playbook version.
    Mobo player for android is excellent and has bookmarks.
    Just hope its available after the update.
    02-19-12 08:22 AM
    Thanks for this thread OP, I'm in the same boat.
    02-19-12 08:41 AM
    Hmmm, I wonder if the developer of MovieSRTPlayer could add a bookmark system to his Subtitle program. He already overlays the sub/txt file over the playing video.
    02-19-12 10:41 AM
    I wouldn't pay a red cent for Apple TV. I spent a week on board a ship that used Apple TV. The "remote" was clunky and not very intuitive. The programming was undoubtedly affected by being at sea but that had nothing to do with the appalling hardware!

I'm not saying that the PB shouldn't be improved ... but I am saying that not everything from Apple is as "inspired" as some would have us believe.
    you must be kidding. The remote for Apple tv is tiny. its hardly bigger than a credit card and thin as well. You were obviously using a remote that was made by the cruise ship not the remote that comes with Apple tv. Plus, I just use my iPhone as the remote anyways.

Also, Apple tv provides all its programming from iTunes so it literally has EVERYTHING available. Plus Netflix, MLB tv etc etc

I don't think what you used was Apple tv. The best part of Apple tv is that you can directly stream anything you have in iTunes to your tv, whether you bought it from iTunes or not.
    02-19-12 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD