has anyone else encountered this?
    since ive installed .840 im now getting error msgs when trying to play a video in AVI
    format or mkv or wmv and before when i was running 664 i never had a problem playing videos is there a way to fix this?.
    09-17-12 09:51 AM
    i know the playbook can play avi and wmv. i dont understand why it wont now i used to just DL somthing and throw it right on my pb and it always played whatever i put on it. now it will only play certain things.
    09-17-12 10:17 AM
    It can play avi and mkv, but only if the correct audio codecs are used. Download and install MediaInfo on your PC. It will tell you what audio and video codecs are used for your videos. If the audio isn't aac or mp3, most likely the file isn't supported on the PB.
    esk369 likes this.
    09-17-12 10:31 AM
    has anyone else encountered this?
    since ive installed .840 im now getting error msgs when trying to play a video in AVI
    format or mkv or wmv and before when i was running 664 i never had a problem playing videos is there a way to fix this?.
    With my very limited knowledge the only suggest trying a hard reset power button and both volume buttons at the same time till pb reboots helped me with battery drain issues on my last update its worth a try just back up on desktop before the reset just in case.
    Good luck hope it works out for you.
    09-17-12 10:34 AM
    tried a hard reset yesterday while i was on the ferry with my boys cuz i loaded up a whole season of adventure time for them and only one episode worked. it didnt help ill check the audio codecs.
    09-17-12 10:39 AM
    try WatchMore it converts files with AC3 on the playbook, cost 1 but if you don't have your PC to hand it helps great, of course plenty of free choices on PC
    FF22 likes this.
    09-17-12 04:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD