This is the first time I have run across this message.
    Anybody else seen this error?
    11-11-11 10:03 PM
    I think you get a similar message from hulu.
    11-11-11 10:23 PM
    It is an ad and not a commercial video. Plays fine on my PC, I don't understand what format or why it would have a problem with a wifi connected Playbook.
    11-11-11 10:29 PM
    There is an alternative browser available that you can sideload. If has an option that allows it to imitate other browsers and that might fool that site.

Here's the link in the Apps forum:

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...u-have-663236/

If you provide the link I could see if it might work or you can try using the link and the install process.
    lophreaque likes this.
    11-12-11 12:36 AM
    Actually I ran into this problem trying to watch a show on Bloomberg west just yesterday. I used the app above, and ran it in all forms, including chrome, firefox, etc and it still didn't work. Had to watch it on my PC. I have never ran into this issue before.

Maybe something has changed recently? Im on OS2.
    11-12-11 12:54 AM
    Several site browser detection fail to detect properly the PB browser, moreover if you're 2.0 and running the bridged browser, so that it displays the "unsupported browser" warning. In fact some consider your PB browser is a BB phone one ...
    11-12-11 03:30 AM
    So much for the claim that the pb has a full browser. Rim needs to add some feature to the browser that allows it to communicate with sites and inform them that the pb is a "desktop computer" and can fully display web pages. Even the bb phones allow them to fudge "user agent" info.
    11-12-11 08:57 AM
    So much for the claim that the pb has a full browser. Rim needs to add some feature to the browser that allows it to communicate with sites and inform them that the pb is a "desktop computer" and can fully display web pages. Even the bb phones allow them to fudge "user agent" info.
    Agreed.
    BTW, I am running the official release, not 2.x for now.
    11-12-11 11:30 AM
    Oh, and thanks for the sideload tip, F2.
    11-12-11 11:36 AM
    Actually I ran into this problem trying to watch a show on Bloomberg west just yesterday. I used the app above, and ran it in all forms, including chrome, firefox, etc and it still didn't work. Had to watch it on my PC. I have never ran into this issue before.

Maybe something has changed recently? Im on OS2.
    In a thread on hulu, it was mentioned that besides the "user agent" which sites use to identify you and your device, there is some other aspect reported when you log to a site and that hulu must use that to lock out the pb. Now are they doing it on purpose or is this just an incidental aspect of the pb and its browser? Someone reported that hulu worked for a brief time again, and then the pb was again locked out.
    11-12-11 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD