Guys i was uploading some videos into my 16gb playbook and after 5 Gb i noticed i was out of space, my playbook is basicly empty and after a while of trying to figure out what was happening i noticed that somehow the videos arent only stored on the videos folder but also on two duplicated folders inside another folder called android, which is under the misc folder.

If delete any of the videos from any of the folders it will dissapear from the 3 of them, but they seem to be taking more space than they should because of whatever is happening.

Any ideas of what might be happening?

Thx!
    07-19-13 08:15 PM
    They're not duplicates (or triplicates) but are rather essentially shortcuts to the original files. That's why deleting one deletes them all.
    07-19-13 08:20 PM
    I just checked my PB and I'm not have that problem. What are you using to upload them to the PB?
    07-19-13 08:24 PM
    I just checked my PB and I'm not have that problem. What are you using to upload them to the PB?
    I think you're wrong about this, though it's not really a problem, as all Playbooks since OS 2.0 was released are like this. Plus, these files are not triplicated, but are actually quintuplicated (is that a word). Videos placed in the PB's Videos folder also show up in /accounts/1000/shared/misc/android/Movies and /accounts/1000/shared/misc/android/movies (small "m"). They also show in /sdcard/Movies/ and /sdcard/movies/. These are not duplicate files, though, but are sym links to the original file, and should take up no additional space. FWIW, the same is also true for files in your Music, Pictures, and Download Folders (they're quintuplicated).
    07-19-13 08:39 PM
    I was looking for actual video files. If I had triplicate files my 35GB of TV and movies wouldn't fit LoL

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 08:47 PM
    You should not be running out of space even with the falsely indicated "multiple" copies.

How are you judging space? Use the Gear symbol on the main screen. And then tap About, then use the drop-down to check Hardware and look for space info.

If you use Windows to determine space, yes, it will show those "extras" taking up space but it is a false reading.

By the way - if you were to backup the entire pb using Windows Explorer drag/drop, those "extra" files will in fact be copied back to your desktop and take up 3 times as much space. Windows does not know how to deal with this mirrored files.
    mpetrol likes this.
    07-19-13 08:50 PM