So it has been a while sense I have been around these parts but I went ahead and bought a playbook.

My girlfriend has a iphone and I'm trying to find a way to video chat but there's no Skype on the playbook.

Any suggestions?
    07-01-12 12:12 PM
    AOL AV, web based, oh maybe the iphone can't do that? imo.im no video with skype though.
    07-01-12 12:22 PM
    I still haven't found a solution...anyone??
    07-01-12 12:22 PM
    Airtime. Not an app, Web. Works with Facebook. Never tried it though. You can Web chat with Playbook. Not Skype.

Re: Airtime worked with Playbook, not sure about iPhone.
    Last edited by Hawnz; 07-01-12 at 12:26 PM.
    07-01-12 12:24 PM
    Airtime. Not an app, Web. Works with Facebook. Never tried it though. You can Web chat with Playbook. Not Skype.

Re: Airtime worked with Playbook, not sure about iPhone.
    So what's this Airtime thing?
    07-01-12 12:36 PM
    So what's this Airtime thing?
    Airtime was started by the guys from Napster, Sean Parker and Shawn Fanning. The call it Chatroulette without the junk. You login with Facebook. You can talk to FB friends, people near you or people who share your interest. There is an iPhone app for it. I have able to log on using the the browser, but have no one on FB who uses it, so don't really know if it would work.

Airtime records everything you should know. Supposedly, if someone makes a complaint about someone else (for showing their junk), they can review the session.
    07-01-12 12:51 PM
    Airtime was started by the guys from Napster, Sean Parker and Shawn Fanning. The call it Chatroulette without the junk. You login with Facebook. You can talk to FB friends, people near you or people who share your interest. There is an iPhone app for it. I have able to log on using the the browser, but have no one on FB who uses it, so don't really know if it would work.

Airtime records everything you should know. Supposedly, if someone makes a complaint about someone else (for showing their junk), they can review the session.
    Google and facebook, record and keep everything just in case or ?
    07-01-12 12:53 PM
    Google and facebook, record and keep everything just in case or ?
    Can't really say. This is the article about them recording

Airtime News, Videos, Reviews and Gossip - Gizmodo

This is the old thread where I read about airtime

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-works-728342/
    07-01-12 12:59 PM
    I've come across the website - reelportal which could be an answer. I've researched it but haven't tried it. Let me know if it works.
    07-01-12 07:30 PM
    So it has been a while sense I have been around these parts but I went ahead and bought a playbook.

My girlfriend has a iphone and I'm trying to find a way to video chat but there's no Skype on the playbook.

Any suggestions?
    Just buy your girl a PlayBook. At the current price point its a no brainer.
    alan510 and Cracklen like this.
    07-01-12 08:41 PM
    I've come across the website - reelportal which could be an answer. I've researched it but haven't tried it. Let me know if it works.
    I have used it with pc so not sure about apple products
    07-01-12 11:09 PM
    Oovoo.com for all products
    BB_makes_it_happen likes this.
    07-01-12 11:28 PM
    Oovoo.com has nothing for blackberry
    07-02-12 07:31 AM
    The app in the BBPB app store is ReelPortal Private Video Chat. Claims to work with Mac devices. Must have ReelPortal app on other device. Cost in BBPB is $0.99.
    07-02-12 01:46 PM
    Reelportal has major delays in sound and image, for me and many others who've tried it. Sometimes, the sound will cut off completely in the middle. In my case it's virtually unusable.

I haven't had a chance to try AV AOL yet, but some other pb users say it works great.

Just buy your girl a PlayBook. At the current price point its a no brainer.
    200$ is not pocket change for everybody... Suggesting someone sheds such an amount to buy a 2nd tablet for the sole purpose of video chatting seems a bit inconsiderate towards those of us who actually had to save money to buy ours...
    Last edited by angkorbeer; 07-02-12 at 10:16 PM.
    07-02-12 09:59 PM
    "Searching for Humans" in AppWorld might work.
    07-02-12 11:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD