Bought two brand new PlayBooks from the UK enroute to Bahrain.

Set the first one up in Bahrain via Viva Internet no problem. I selected UK as the country and it has the Video Chat and YouTube icons. The OS was updated out of the box to v1.0.8.6067.

Set up the second PlayBook identical to the first choosing again UK as the country but this one does not have any icons for Video Chat, YouTube or FaceBook. Tried a security wipe and that not only did not help but also removed the Tetris and NFS icons too

Did a OS reinstall via desktop manager and chose UK again during setup. This restored the missing games but still no FaceBook, YouTube or Video Chat icons. How can two identical PB's set up in exactly the same way not have the same icons?

Have read through the posts here and some people have mentioned that the country you choose during setup determines what apps are available. The first PB has Video Chat, FaceBook and YouTube so they must be available here and I've seen other PB's in Bahrain with these three apps.

Have tried a software update from the PB too but it said there are no further updates (apart from Tetris and NFS).

Can anyone help in getting the missing Video Chat, FaceBook and YouTube apps and icons back onto the PB?

I'm thinking I might have a faulty tablet and am ready to throw the damn thing away if I can't get these apps on there
    jigga2 likes this.
    12-09-11 10:07 PM
    Try this and do it step by step.... hope this helps!

Step 1: Connect your PlayBook to your PC via MicroUSB cable and open Desktop Manager
    Step 2: Backup your PlayBook! This install process is a CLEAN WIPE. You'll lose all data.
    Step 3: Within Desktop Manager, hit Device > Update on the menu.
    Step 4: No Update will be found. Just hit ok and go back to Desktop Manager homescreen.
    Step 5. From there, while still plugged in, Restart your PlayBook using the power button app.
    Step 6. A new popup window will appear giving you some options. Hit Update.
    Step 7: Let that baby update and you'll be on the latest software. Warning: it takes a while!
    alpha_q likes this.
    12-09-11 10:16 PM
    Try this and do it step by step.... hope this helps!

Step 1: Connect your PlayBook to your PC via MicroUSB cable and open Desktop Manager
    Step 2: Backup your PlayBook! This install process is a CLEAN WIPE. You'll lose all data.
    Step 3: Within Desktop Manager, hit Device > Update on the menu.
    Step 4: No Update will be found. Just hit ok and go back to Desktop Manager homescreen.
    Step 5. From there, while still plugged in, Restart your PlayBook using the power button app.
    Step 6. A new popup window will appear giving you some options. Hit Update.
    Step 7: Let that baby update and you'll be on the latest software. Warning: it takes a while!
    Thanks for the reply, I've already tried that twice, that's what I meant when I said I did an OS reinstall via desktop manager. It downloads the OS and goes through the setup process again and once I've finished that (after choosing the UK as the country), it's still missing Video Chat, FaceBook and YouTube
    12-09-11 10:21 PM
    Ok, I managed to fix this by doing a full desktop reinstall and choosing US as the country and disclaimer during setup. Video Chat, YouTube and Facebook are now back

No idea why it didn't work when I chose the UK like it did on the first PB
    12-10-11 02:39 AM
    I have the same problem in OS 2.0
    12-10-11 06:01 AM
    I have the same problem in OS 2.0
    What is missing for you?
    I assume you read the user agreement when signing up for OS 2?
    12-10-11 07:39 AM
    I usually go straight to the sites. I think I used the CB app one time.
    12-10-11 07:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD