I have a 64 GB Playbook which is using OS version 1.0.7.3312 and my Video Chat feature no longer works. Each and every time I attempt to start a Video Chat session with one of the contacts I have set up I get the message "The user is currently busy. Please try again later". I personally own 2 64 GB Playbooks which are both on the same OS version and they are both within 10 to 15 feet of the wireless routers (1 @ work and 1 @ home) so I know they both have good connections. I am able to receive Video Chat calls but am unable to start one. Any ideas as to what may be wrong?
    11-11-11 08:58 AM
    So are both ur PBs failing to start the chat or is it one of them? If its one of them, I suggest you do a hard reset on that device and see if that helps, if both of them are acting the same then it is some other issue- most likely something thats common between the two.
    Moreover, it is also possible that since you are trying to connect between 2 PBs of our own, if one of them is not acting right then the other won't be able to get any signal and give you an error too- for this you will have to connect with another 3rd PB to confirm. If you can't find a third PB, then give both your PBs a hard reset and try again.

Good luck !
    11-11-11 09:15 AM
    It is only happening on one of the Playbooks that I have. It is the one that I carry with me all the time. It is able to receive Video Chat invitations but it is unable to start or initiate a video chat. Attempted the hard reset on multiple occasions and that doesn't work.
    11-11-11 09:36 AM
    Next thing to try would be backup and debrick it with dm.
    11-11-11 09:38 AM
    Going to try the backup and debrick method using DM. Will report back what happens.
    11-11-11 10:13 AM
    Ok backed up Playbook and did a wipe of it. Reloaded the factory default and then unit downloaded the latest OS. Restored Palybook from Backup and still have same issue when attempting to initiate a Video Chat "The user is currently busy. Please try again later". Any other suggestions........
    11-11-11 12:35 PM
    Did you try calling from after a wipe (before the restore)?
    11-11-11 12:46 PM
    Ok after spending almost all day working on this issue, wiping Playbook installing newest OS rebooting, restoring, wiping Playbook again, installing newest OS and rebooting and restoring a 2nd time I finally figured out what the problem was. Something is changing the status of Playbooks to Do not Disturb On which does not allow any Video Chat invitations from anyone. Each individual I checked with who I have listed in my Video Chat had that feature turned on without their knowledge. After changing back to Do Not Disturb off my Playbook is able to send invitations to video chat.

Thank you to everyone who replied to my thread. I appreciate the tme you took to read my problem and offer suggestions.
    11-11-11 02:23 PM
    Wow, glad you got it. Too bad you went thru all of that first.
    11-11-11 04:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD