One of the (very few) annoying things with the Playbook was the design of the Video Chat. Since I don't want to pay for an app more than once, I use the same Blackberry ID on both Playbooks. Having the same ID on 2 Playbooks makes Video Chat a little troublesome.

I just upgraded both my Playbooks to Beta 2.1.0.840 and noticed something wonderful with Video Chat. You can use a Playbook PIN instead of a Blackberry ID to make video calls. I like this approach very much. Since I haven't used Video Chat much because of the BBID limitaion, can anyone tell me when this "improvement" occurred?

If this has already been asked, I apologize. Please direct me to the proper thread. Thanks.
    08-17-12 07:11 AM
    I think you could use the PB pin since the beginning..
    08-17-12 07:25 AM
    Um, since the beginning? Really? Wow. Ok, I see it. Maybe it's just the initial screen where it asks for the PIN that's changed.

I guess I should dig deeper into an app before asking questions about it. I'm really not stupid. Honest!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    08-17-12 07:36 AM
    haha no one said so.. You discover something new everyday on the Pb.. makes it fun to use..
    08-17-12 07:40 AM
    It has not been around since the "beginning" but it was added a few OS updates ago. I think folks are still having issues using the pin if they still have the same bbid. You'll have to play around and see what works.
    08-17-12 10:04 AM
    I don't know about using same BB IDs.. but Ive read many people facing problems with the same BBID.. I guess that's why you have a pin..
    08-20-12 01:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD