Is anyone else having PB Video chat problems? Hasn't worked since Sunday for me and another PB user. We both just get 'Unable to connect to server' or 'Call Failed' ... We've been PB Video Chatting since September and no changes have been made to our PB settings. Sounds like its a BB outage but can't see anything about it on the internet and 3 days is a long time for something to be out... Any thoughts? Our WiFi work fine, we retyped PB Pins but all to no avail...
    01-08-13 05:04 PM
    have you tried restarting them?
    01-08-13 05:40 PM
    Since this post seems more active than mine on the same issue here is some info for my case:

This person is online...confirmed. Trying to call other people who I also know they are online gives me the same error. The error message pops up immediately without lag. Sometimes it lets me video chat but it may cut off. Trying to call without video does not change anything.

Info: PB is on wifi, PINs are correct, up until few days ago I was video chatting without issues - it just happened out of the blue, flash and javascript in the browser are enabled (just in case but disabling them did not resolve the problem), wifi file sharing on/off no change, bluetooth on/off no change. I read that it might be my router's problem (virgin uk superhub) so I turned off the router's firewall but nothing changed. Haven't tried it with another wifi yet.
    Last edited by dave_h_946; 01-09-13 at 04:39 AM.
    01-08-13 05:45 PM
    No problem here, could be regional. What else is happening and on your wifi?
    01-08-13 09:45 PM
    Restarted many times, doesn't help. Our problem sounds exactly the same as dave_h_946, WiFi is fine, no problems there.
    Last edited by Mark Bannister; 01-10-13 at 10:42 AM.
    01-10-13 10:21 AM
    I'm having the same problem. My girlfriend works in Spain and from going back to Spain this week we've not been able to connect. Had to use Skype. Has anyone found out why this is happening?
    01-10-13 02:58 PM
    Just tested between my two pb's in one location and the same wifi network. It worked.
    01-10-13 05:28 PM
    Mark,
    What country are you located? Has the problem been resolved?
    01-10-13 06:26 PM
    I am having trouble with my video chat...error code 22...won't even start.
    01-10-13 06:55 PM
    Just to add to my previous post, the problem appears to follow a random pattern although it seems that it happens more often during the night. I found a couple of threads on the web but they appear a bit old. The most detailed solution(?)/suggestion I found is the 4th post in this thread. It didn't really work for me but others may have better luck.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    01-11-13 04:45 AM
    I'm in the UK as is the other person I am trying to chat to. I would say about 25% of the time it works, 75% of the time we get the 'Unable to connect to server' message. As this is literally all I use the PB for I can't for the life of me figure out why it works so sporadically - worked fine before Christmas, must have had 50 chats on it over 3 months. Ridiculous...
    01-15-13 03:37 PM
    I have no problem with Video Chat on the PlayBook.....works GREAT....even better than my phone connection at times ( my lady has a Android )
    01-15-13 03:47 PM
    Hi Mark

Everytime I have had serious PlayBook Video Chat problems, it has been because of router/firewall issues, eg
    • My router has done a s/w update and is blocking certain ports
    • The other person's router is in 'super-secure-lockdown mode'
    • Using hotel internet service (which seems to restrict certain types of internet usage)
    • Need to get permission for your device to get through the firewall (has happened at a client site)

Occasionally I get the 'cannot connect' errors, but if I wait 5 minutes and/or we reboot both PlayBooks these always go away

Hope this helps

Alex
    01-16-13 12:46 AM
    I am on the west coast and my daughter is blogging from a trade show in Germany. We have used Video chat every day since Sunday. Yesterday, video chat froze and twitter.pics would not work for any of the blogging team. Other days, it's been great.
    01-16-13 11:54 AM