I upgraded the os on my bbz10. When I reentered my BlackBerry id I accidentally entered my BlackBerry id I use on my PlayBook. When I received a video call from my gf PlayBook my bbz10 rang. I video chat on my bbz10 to a PlayBook on video chat. Since then I changed the BlackBerry id settings back. My? Is can I call a PlayBook on video chat with my bbz10. How Do I do this.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 12:43 AM
    Use pin to video call...
    I upgraded the os on my bbz10. When I reentered my BlackBerry id I accidentally entered my BlackBerry id I use on my PlayBook. When I received a video call from my gf PlayBook my bbz10 rang. I video chat on my bbz10 to a PlayBook on video chat. Since then I changed the BlackBerry id settings back. My? Is can I call a PlayBook on video chat with my bbz10. How Do I do this.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 01:01 AM
    Thanks for the help. I was able to call from PlayBook to my bbz10. I was wondering how to call from my BlackBerry z10 to the PlayBook. I was able to go to notifications and open the call. It would then call bbz10 to the PlayBook. Is there a way to call from bbz10 to a PlayBook another way? If I didn't have a notification?

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 01:25 AM
    Thanks for the help. I was able to call from PlayBook to my bbz10. I was wondering how to call from my BlackBerry z10 to the PlayBook. I was able to go to notifications and open the call. It would then call bbz10 to the PlayBook. Is there a way to call from bbz10 to a PlayBook another way? If I didn't have a notification?

Posted via CB10
    I, too, have this problem ...... it would be great if somebody could figure this out for us.. my son can call me , his playbook to my Z30..... the only way to call him is by the notifications..grrrrrrrrrr !!!!

Ron
    02-25-14 06:51 PM
    Try creating your son as a contact on your Z10 and inserting his Playbook Pin # in the Field: Blackberry PIN.
    02-25-14 07:02 PM
    Try creating your son as a contact on your Z10 and inserting his Playbook Pin # in the Field: Blackberry PIN.
    I seems like this was removed in the latest update, or in one of the recent updates. I used to be able to do video chat call from my Z10, but not anymore. Now it just says "Invite to BBM" but since the PlayBook doesn't have BBM, it is useless."
    Only way is to use the PlayBook video chat notification. Or have the playbook initiate the call.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 07:18 PM
    Hmmm....this sounds like something that needs to be addressed for us PlayBook owners. This function gives my kids the ability to call dad from home when they want to check up on me. Hate not having it.

Posted via CB10
    AWB70 likes this.
    02-25-14 07:27 PM
    Yes, a bit of an annoying bug, to say the least. Contacts already entered with PlayBook VideoChat information still show up, and calls can be initiated that way. But edit the contact, there's no field for PlayBook VideoChat, and if you enter or save something else (BBM PIN, say) the VideoChat information will disappear from the contact.

Presumably because video chat from the OS10s is initiated from BBM, but PlayBook PINs can't really be BBM contacts...because they can't accept the invitation to BBM... constant reminders of BB's corporate forgetfulness about or negligence of the PlayBook.

But yay for Bridge updates. The one hand giveth while the other taketh away.
    02-26-14 02:08 PM
    If both devices have the same Blackberry ID they cannot video chat with each other.
    rebroker2009 likes this.
    02-26-14 10:47 PM
    If both devices have the same Blackberry ID they cannot video chat with each other.
    Not true. The device pin matters for PlayBook to PlayBook. PlayBook to OS 10 device works if your OS10 device is not on the newest OS 10.2.x . I've already tested it by latest leak and without on my Z10. Same BlackBerry ID. Had to downgrade for a while so my kids can use video chat to stay in touch.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 11:02 PM
    Not true. The device pin matters for PlayBook to PlayBook. PlayBook to OS 10 device works if your OS10 device is not on the newest OS 10.2.x . I've already tested it by latest leak and without on my Z10. Same BlackBerry ID. Had to downgrade for a while so my kids can use video chat to stay in touch.

Posted via CB10
    Knew I would be corrected quickly if wrong. Maybe BB cirrected a programming error with their upgrade. And then maybe they will put it back to throw the PB owners a bone.
    02-26-14 11:30 PM
    Is there a chance that Blackberry might address this issue?

Ron
    03-01-14 08:48 AM