Hi everyone I am new to the website and have a little problem on how to get the video chat on my 2 playbooks, one is intended for the wife once I sort out how to do this. My BlackBerry I'd is the same on both playbook I thought this may have been the reason why I can't contact the other PB so I tried changing the I'd details on my proposed wife's PB but when I done that my PB details were also changed to hers!!!! I have tried calling her PB pin only but I still am getting a failed call and like wise I have called my PB using the pin but no result there either apart from not been able to connect the video chat both books are working great so anybody out there have any advice on how to get these wee units chatting. I would be most grateful for any ideas. Cheers Gerry
    06-08-12 06:58 PM
    call the other pb with bb pin
    06-08-12 07:50 PM
    reboot both PB's... then try again, since you changed the BBID's
    06-08-12 07:56 PM
    On each PlayBook open settings, about. Change to Hardware and record the PIN. Use that as the Video Chat Adress.
    Last edited by jrohland; 06-08-12 at 08:06 PM.
    jafobabe likes this.
    06-08-12 08:00 PM
    A totally obvious question, I am sorry, is the playbook set to receive video calls? Swipe down from the top when in chat, and make sure video chat is turned on to accept calls. Sorry if this is too rudimentary.
    06-08-12 08:19 PM
    A totally obvious question, I am sorry, is the playbook set to receive video calls? Swipe down from the top when in chat, and make sure video chat is turned on to accept calls. Sorry if this is too rudimentary.
    Brainfarts happen
    06-08-12 09:26 PM
    I'm having same problem as OP.

One PB has OS2 2.0.1.358 and the other has OS2.1 beta 2.1.0.560. Using the pin to call each other does not work. They're both set to receive calls. They're both on the same wifi network in my home.

Router is Asus RT-N56u
    06-08-12 09:35 PM
    Hi everyone thank you for the suggestions so far. I got the pin no of the PB which I hope to let my wife have and called it from my PB and visa versa and got a called fail msg up on one try I got a msg of caller not available. Checked as suggested that call available was still on on both sets that was okay. Do I have to put the details of my set in the caller details of video chat and likewise on the other PB or do I put the details of the set I wish to call on my set and visa versa. Calling a pin no of the other does not work I haven't tried a reboot of both books yet but I will give that a go. Cheers. Gerry
    06-09-12 02:50 AM
    With the video chat application open can you see yourself on the front facing camera (and the same on your wife's?). Myself and a few others are having issues accessing the front camera when trying to do video chat as mentioned here:http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...camera-728386/
    06-09-12 03:05 AM
    No problems with the camera view once I select video chat on both PBs. The PBs are fine except for video chat. On one occasion i did manage a single call after i reset the id on one book but once blackberry updated the second book with the same id i couldnt get the PBs to call one another.
    06-09-12 10:47 AM
    Hello everyone just to let you know my video call is up and running great. Not to sure what fixed it however I turned off blue tooth on both sets at first this did not sort out the failed calls then I changed my BlackBerry I'd back to its original setting and after I got confirmation from blackberry both books were now the same. Then I done a restart on both and tried calling each book with their respective pin numbers. Nothing connecting so earlier in the day I had set up an email account with a service provider and emailed it from my own email address to make sure it was okay I then called this from my PB to the wife's PB and it worked fine I then used her PB to call my email address and bingo that worked fine so I'm not to sure how it all come good but it's working just fine. Thanks everybody for your suggestions. Cheers Gerry
    06-09-12 04:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD