I have never been able to get video chat to work. I've added my daughters playbook to the addresses and it shows calling but doesn't ring through to her. Wonder what I am doing wrong
    10-09-12 01:01 PM
    If you're using the same BBID, that's where the issue is.
    10-09-12 01:07 PM
    how to use video chat over wifi without data charges???anyone know?
    10-09-12 01:07 PM
    What?! People can use third party apps to video chat?...oh wait.

(sarcasm)

As for your issue, I too think it has to do with the BBID.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    10-09-12 03:34 PM
    Uh., sorry, you don't pay for wifi data... Unless you are using a Mobile hotspot created by a device that is not on an unlimited data plan.
    10-09-12 04:21 PM
    if anyone wants to try it pm me i have had this thing for almost a year now and i havent used it
    10-10-12 10:38 AM
    As far as I know, the videochat app on the PB only works over wifi. I'm not sure if it works when using the mobile hotspot wifi from a smartphone. And if the PB is not connected to wifi, the videochat won't work over the bluetooth bridge connection.

When your PB is connected to wifi, there should be no data charges, unless your Internet service provider charges you based on how much data you use, such as in New Zealand. Here in Canada, most home wifi has a fixed monthly fee with no extra fees based on data usage.
    10-10-12 11:31 AM
    I have never been able to get video chat to work. I've added my daughters playbook to the addresses and it shows calling but doesn't ring through to her. Wonder what I am doing wrong
    Don't forget to check if she has turned the "accept calls" setting to "off". See the following article from the PB Help:
    video chat on the playbook-img_00000034.jpg
    10-10-12 11:49 AM
    Will it work in Canada?
    10-10-12 12:37 PM
    Yes it works in Canada. I just had a chat with a guy on Telus and it worked fine.

While we were chatting, he asked about using the videochat between 2 PB's on the same wifi network. Anyone know if that will work?

Also, I seem to recall that, if you have 2 PB's on the same BBID, you can videochat as long as you connect using the Pins.
    10-10-12 01:25 PM
    Yes it works in Canada. I just had a chat with a guy on Telus and it worked fine.

While we were chatting, he asked about using the videochat between 2 PB's on the same wifi network. Anyone know if that will work?

Also, I seem to recall that, if you have 2 PB's on the same BBID, you can videochat as long as you connect using the Pins.
    I have used 2 PBs on the same wifi network, but they have different BBIDs.

I have also tried 2 PBs with the same BBIDs on this the same wifi network....they wouldn't connect.

I have yet to try 2 PBs with the same BBIDs on different networks.
    10-10-12 05:12 PM
    I've had my PB since March and would like to try video chat. PM me if you'd like to try it.
    10-11-12 12:30 AM
    The video and audio is supreme. Just don't understand why BB is not capitalizing on it....need to bring PB back into it's new business strategy no doubt. Because the video crushes any video chat app google has....even with their games.
    Fire In The Bones likes this.
    03-29-14 01:19 AM
    I still use it, it does everything I need it to do

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 09:52 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD