03-30-14 10:52 AM
39 12
tools
    so i've had my playbook for about a month now and i love it, bridged with my curve 3g it works like a dreamand with os 2 looming on the horizon things are looking better. the one gripe i have is that the video chat is closed a bit like facetime on ios (RIP steve you will be missed). has any one actually made any use of the video chat and if so how have you found the experience
    10-07-11 04:22 AM
    I didn't and I'd like to ... so if anyone wants to test oversea ... just PM
    rexrim and djenkins6 like this.
    10-07-11 04:55 AM
    I can test if you want. I'm in Belgium
    rexrim likes this.
    10-07-11 06:24 AM
    I downloaded the ReelPortal app to my PB - but I have not tried it out yet. Heard it works well for video chat.
    10-07-11 09:27 AM
    I'll be heading to the Caribbean on vacation and will be using the video chat to keep in contact with those back home.

That will be my real test, as long as the hotel has wifi. If not, i'm not paying data roaming charges...
    10-07-11 09:31 AM
    i have used video chat with my wife and son several times. no complaints. as with normal camera use, lighting makes a HUGE difference in video quality, but its good enuf in low light. in good light it is great.
    10-07-11 11:28 AM
    I have used the PB video chat several times with my daughter who is away at university. It works so, so good... seriously it is so good, I regard it as sufficient justification for owning a PB even if the only thing it could do was the videochat. The picture is clear, the sound is good, the feature of using the rear-facing camera is remarkable.

One night, we were at a restaurant celebrating my mom's birthday and I pulled out the PB and said "mom, Lauren wants to say happy birthday". I had my daughter standing by at university and they had a great little chat right there in the restaurant using the restaurant's wifi. It was quite a sweet moment... brought to us by the Playbook.
    10-07-11 12:26 PM
    That's awesome. Wish I had others I knew with a playbook. And that there is a video app where I can video chat with my wife on her android phone. It would great. I tried reelportal but my wife android isn't supported for it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-11 12:48 PM
    Well we did it !
    Delil from Belgium just called me twice.
    We had a nice chat, the video vas fluid (we were over wifi) and the quality fair good enough for video conferencing (we both were inside with low lighting).

Nice feature for the happy few of us !
    Delil likes this.
    10-07-11 01:31 PM
    for x platform, try AV from AIM. No username required you just type the url and it works perfectly. Its a flash site though so you cant chat with a iProduct.

10-07-11 05:21 PM
    I just got my PB a couple of nights ago and would be willing to test it out with someone. Or if someones willing to help me test it out that would be great! PM me if so.
    troubl3dman likes this.
    10-07-11 07:11 PM
    That's awesome. Wish I had others I knew with a playbook. And that there is a video app where I can video chat with my wife on her android phone. It would great. I tried reelportal but my wife android isn't supported for it.

Not sure which device your wife have, but I just released ReelPortal on Android Market. The front camera now works with any Android 2.3 device + Adobe AIR 3.0.
    steve911 likes this.
    10-07-11 08:49 PM
    Works great....quality is awesome. There is an "Audio only" option for you ugly people that don't want to be seen.

10-07-11 11:04 PM
    if u would like to try video chat pm me me
    10-08-11 03:08 PM
    Tried video chat with superfly_FR. Great quality from Canada to France. If anyone on Indonesia or Australia wants to try send me a PM. I want to see how it works over that sort of distance and poorer connections.
    10-08-11 05:45 PM
    I never used it, I'd like to PM me for a try
    10-08-11 06:58 PM
    Well we did it !
    Delil from Belgium just called me twice.
    We had a nice chat, the video vas fluid (we were over wifi) and the quality fair good enough for video conferencing (we both were inside with low lighting).

Nice feature for the happy few of us !
    Indeed the video was good ... sound was good too. No complaints here.
    I was amazed the video was so good even with low lighting.

Considering there's no flash on the PB thats good.

Thx again Superfly
    10-08-11 07:32 PM
    Have yoou taking your Blackberry PlayBook to the office and not able to use the Video Chat app? If so, RIM has post a nice knowledge base article for port settings and port forwarding.
    BlackBerry PlayBook Video Chat uses the following ports and porting forwarding must be enabled for the application to work on a traffic restricted network:
    • 443 (TCP)
    • 3478 (TCP)
    • 3478 (UDP)
    • 45535 to 65535 (UDP)
    • NOTE: Depending on the Network Address Translation (NAT) configuration for the network, additional ports may be used for video traffic.
    rexrim likes this.
    01-17-12 01:39 PM
    i so love the video chat capabality on the playbook..
    the quality of video and sound was awesome..im always video call with my girlfriend..
    but im never try vid call with international..anyone feel free to test playbook video call with me..hope can test vid call with cannadian..btw im from malaysia :-D
    01-17-12 07:26 PM
    My grand daughter moved to the Caribbean so I bought her a playbook so we could video chat, however, it doesn't seem to work for us. Just get message unavailable, although she and I are both available and on Skype. Both wi-fi are from private homes. Any suggestions
    07-04-12 04:07 PM
    Skype video chat is not available on the playbook (yet)
    07-04-12 04:16 PM
    Thanks
    I should have said I was Skyping on my computer so I knew the wifi was working but not the chat on playbook
    07-04-12 04:21 PM
    You did establish a different BBID for the new unit you gave her? Same bbid canNOT chat (some suggest you can use the pin to chat???)
    07-04-12 04:55 PM
    VideoChat PB2PB is Great. My lit bro and I use it often. From Miami to Bogota'...
    It's clear, fast, amazing...
    We love ours PBs BB 16gb...
    Will be nice to use this PB BB Forum, Only to talk good things about this Great Device.
    Attached Thumbnails video chat on the playbook-photo1711.jpg  
    07-04-12 10:31 PM
    Have yoou taking your Blackberry PlayBook to the office and not able to use the Video Chat app? If so, RIM has post a nice knowledge base article for port settings and port forwarding.
    BlackBerry PlayBook Video Chat uses the following ports and porting forwarding must be enabled for the application to work on a traffic restricted network:
    • 443 (TCP)
    • 3478 (TCP)
    • 3478 (UDP)
    • 45535 to 65535 (UDP)
    • NOTE: Depending on the Network Address Translation (NAT) configuration for the network, additional ports may be used for video traffic.
    How can I make use of this? I cannot use Video Chat at our university, the internet has proxy. But my IOS friends can use their skype on their iPhones with the same internet. What can I do? Is it possible to do Video Chatting over a proxy?
    07-05-12 01:54 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD