So I just saw the updated video chat article for the playbook...
    http://crackberry.com/first-look-upd...playbook-os-20

But as many have pointed out in the comments, a popular cross platform video chat program would be more useful. In my family, my sister and I are the only ones with a playbook, and no one uses the BB phones. But we all have skype IDs (# of family contacts in skype is about 40-50) Would it be possible to integrate skype into the native video chat? OR make BB video chat cross platform?
    01-13-12 02:44 PM
    I think the real questions is when are we getting a Skype app. No one has an answer to that though. I don't see Skype letting RIM add Skype calling to their own app, which presumably wouldn't support Skype Out (how they make money).
    01-13-12 02:51 PM
    Join the Skype community and request the app. The more that join and request it the more likely we are to get it ...

blackberry playbook - Page 6 - Skype Support Network
    peter9477 likes this.
    01-13-12 02:58 PM
    you can use AV by AOL - Let's video chat! , it's a very good online video chat.
    01-13-12 06:21 PM

OR make BB video chat cross platform?
    That is the best solution, make a Mac and Windows Blackberry video chat available. Make the users sign up for a BBID and assign them a PIN for pc based chat. Might also help the brand image and sell some more phones.
    01-13-12 06:29 PM
    Would it be possible to integrate skype into the native video chat? OR make BB video chat cross platform?
    As has been beaten to death on these forums... the only company that can bring Skype to the Playbook/BBX phones is Skype/Microsoft. Keep contacting them and asking for it.

BB videochat cross-platform would be doable if RIM were open with their chat protocol. Has anyone inquired with them? I'm sure it'll all get rolled into BBM eventually.
    01-13-12 07:24 PM
    Hi there reference the video chat, for video chat to work will both user need bbm? Ya I know dumb question. Because I want to get a playbook for my dad eh, when I work out of the province. Thanks!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-12 08:23 PM
    FYI Skype lovers, according to This Blog Skype for iPad came out round about August last year and reading the comments thats 2.5 years later. I've seen many people beat down the PB on this forum because of Skype on PB. Anyone interested should send a message to Skype requesting for it like someone said up there, i did just that!
    Last edited by Olukunlea; 01-14-12 at 04:12 AM. Reason: Edit Link
    peter9477 likes this.
    01-14-12 04:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD