At last I bought BB Playbook last week.I was waiting for a long to buy playbook but launching of Google Nexus 7 made me wait.I am from india and price of Google nexus available here (Online) is around 320$ for a 8 GB.While i got my BB Playbook 64GB online for just 275$.

Before buying Playbook,I made a detail search online about the feedback from users and didnt see any negative feedback other than lacks of Apps (mainly skype).Actually there is lot of applications ported from android to use in Playbook.[For example : Twittercaster,Plume for twitter , ReaditLater or Pocket for Offline reading while travelling or out of wi-fi,Free Books from Kindle,Google maps,VLC player for streaming and lot more]

Here Blackberry Playbook Android Apps | Good e-Reader Android App Store - Playbook App Store you can find lot of android applications and how to install it in playbook.its really simple [I am not sure whether anyone shared it before.if so sorry]

And coming to title video chat,There is a website called AV by AOL - Let's video chat! .its pretty awesome .You or your partner/friends dont need skype or any other software to make video calls through it.its completely web based.I tried it today.its clean and clear.There is no lag [If your internet connection is good] .You dont even need to sign in

Steps
    1. Just login to AV by AOL - Let's video chat! through default playbook browser
    2. Check box for Age Verification
    3. Click on Start video Chat
    4. After checking your camera and microphone you will get a link.
    5. share that link with your friend/partner through Email/SMS/Call.After they clicking link and opening in any browser you can start video call with them

Pros :
    There is no need of software
    You can Video chat,Voice chat,Take Photos,Send text messages
    Chat from anywhere.Even if skype is not installed on your friends computer

Hope this helps

--
    Shabeer Ibm
    Shabeer (shabeeribm) on Twitter
    08-09-12 09:11 AM
    Nice first post. Keep it up.

And welcome to the forums.
    08-09-12 10:07 AM
    Cool! Thanks OP!
    08-09-12 10:22 AM
    Great post OP, Keep up the good work.
    08-09-12 11:00 AM
    Thanks OP, trying it right away
    08-09-12 11:33 AM
    Thanks OP, trying it right away
    Thanks.post your feedback
    08-09-12 12:05 PM
    i tried via BB Bridge, doesn't work. tells me not connected. have i had to connect to via wifi ?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-09-12 04:11 PM
    Guys I'm having AOL AV video chat problems.. When ever I use 3G network for AOL AV - It loads the site fine.. then the Video camera starts.. then all of a sudden I get the Flash access confirmation box - select camera and allow access.. I select and hit OKay.. But it just keeps coming back and I can't video chat... Plz help
    08-10-12 01:31 AM
    i tried via BB Bridge, doesn't work. tells me not connected. have i had to connect to via wifi ?
    Click to view quoted image

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I don't have blackberry phone..so not sure about it..I used wifi and worked perfectly...please try with wifi
    08-10-12 03:46 AM
    Guys I'm having AOL AV video chat problems.. When ever I use 3G network for AOL AV - It loads the site fine.. then the Video camera starts.. then all of a sudden I get the Flash access confirmation box - select camera and allow access.. I select and hit OKay.. But it just keeps coming back and I can't video chat... Plz help
    Did you tried using wifi..select camera, allow access check remember box and then press close ... Normally you will get a link to share with partner..

Please visit my blog http://additivetricks.blogspot.In for detail steps with photos
    08-10-12 03:53 AM
    Where does my friend paste the link i send him via blackberry playbook from aol.av?????
    When its pasted on google it doesnt work. Please help
    01-14-13 05:45 PM
    It works. I just tried it using wifi on playbook and pasting link into safari, chrome, and firefox on my laptop. They were all successful in establishing a video chat session with playbook. Now it only worked on the playbook to laptop connections. When I tried my iPad2 it gave a warning that video chat does not work for mobile devices at this time...please try your desktop or laptop. So this will be an option for video chat from playbook to desktosp or laptops.

Good post OP. Great to have you aboard.
    01-14-13 08:02 PM
    awesome.works like a charm. thanks for the info
    01-15-13 05:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD