How do I video chat with my NEW playbook when I have one Blackberry ID??
    10-10-12 02:34 PM
    From what I understand and recall, you don't. You need unique BB IDs for video conferencing.
    10-10-12 02:41 PM
    From what I understand and recall, you don't. You need unique BB IDs for video conferencing.
    I concur. Two playbooks can only video chat via two different ID's.
    10-10-12 02:45 PM
    I agree with the replies.

Although, supposedly you can use the different PINs to chat but I don't think anyone has demonstrated it working and it apparently does NOT work if the units are are the same wifi. So if you try, try using one at home and have the second unit at Starbucks or other public wifi area. Again, I don't think anyone has come forward that has gotten it to work.
    10-10-12 03:28 PM
    So if I have 2 playbooks I can not video chat between them? Or can i get another Blackberry ID??
    10-10-12 04:02 PM
    It is my understanding that you can videochat between 2 Playbooks that both use the same BBID, as long as they're on different wifi networks. You connect using the PIN. My nephew has done this with no problem.
    diegonei and zorecati like this.
    10-10-12 04:30 PM
    So if I have 2 playbooks I can not video chat between them? Or can i get another Blackberry ID??
    Not correct, I have two Playbooks and have zero problems doing video chat with them.......
    ...Simply get the PIN for each Playbook.
    ...Then initiate a chat using the PIN for the one that's not in your hand.

The PIN for each Playbook is different.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    10-10-12 04:40 PM
    Is it possible to use Videochat in the same wifi?
    10-19-12 05:24 AM
    Is it possible to use Videochat in the same wifi?
    Other than as a trial, why would you want to do that?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-19-12 06:46 AM
    The Jetsons. Haha. PB Video intercom for each room of the house! Cool.
    10-19-12 07:27 AM
    second playbook is coming today... my husbands first bb ever...lol he has iphones...but after we play with these two playbooks we will def let y'all know what's happens. ( were on a wifi home hotspot *clearwire clearspot device* , and were going to be using only one bbid between the two. ) should be interesting to say the least.
    10-19-12 08:00 AM
    Not correct, I have two Playbooks and have zero problems doing video chat with them.......
    ...Simply get the PIN for each Playbook.
    ...Then initiate a chat using the PIN for the one that's not in your hand.

The PIN for each Playbook is different.
    So I can use one I'd then ? Just interested as I have a pb in the cupboard for daughter at xmas and I want video chat between that and mine but would rather set it up with the same id

Regards

Damian
    10-19-12 09:49 AM
    I did manage to get video chat working briefly with one BBID and using PIN on the same wifi.
    I can't remember the OS version. It was the 2.0 version of the software that was briefly released and later removed because some people were having problems.
    Since upgrading to 2.1, the video chat using a single BBID stopped working regardless if it is on the same WIFI or not.
    I'm VERY interested if someone have gotten it to work in 2.1.

Another thing I discovered in the 2.0 release was that I was able to change the blackberry ID on the fly without having to wipe my playbook. I wondered if RIM found out and patch this hole in 2.1.
    10-19-12 12:06 PM
    Tried this as well and it didn't work. Fyi, both were on the same network since I was just testing.
    10-19-12 12:30 PM
    I am not getting this to work using the same WiFi network and two of my PBs
    that have the same BBID, under 2.1. Thought it worked under2.0?

This part, though, it would have sworn would work: PB1 on house WiFi and
    PB2 on my Verizon JetPack's WiFi - not working, with all in close proximity.
    Doc Neutron
    10-19-12 07:03 PM
    So 2 playbooks on 2 different networks and pins still won't work? I really don't want to have to get another BBID. Sigh....
    10-20-12 11:56 AM
    we tried last night... 2 playbooks, some wifi network, same bbid.... no bueno..
    10-20-12 12:39 PM
    After reading various claims/counter-claims on Video Chat, I tried this a while back with the help of my neighbour who lent me his WiFi to experiment with.

Bottom Line: Video Chat doesn't work for me under any circumstances and I'd be interested to know the set-up used by anyone who says it works for them.

I think I've tried all the possible combinations...

Two PBs, same BBID, same WiFi network: video call addressed by both BBID and by PIN = connection fails (error message can differ, but call never succeeds).

Two PBs, same BBID, different WiFi network: video call addressed by both BBID and by PIN = connection fails (error message can differ, but call never succeeds).

For me, video chat only works to a destination PB that has a different BBID - PBs being on same/different WiFi network doesn't affect the outcome. I verified this by video chatting to my bosses PB while we were in the office (same WiFi) and at our homes (different WiFi).
    10-20-12 03:51 PM
    Like I said earlier, the only time I got it working was using OS 2.0.1.668. With this version, it also allowed me to change blackberry ID without doing a wipe.
    I wonder if this was part of the reason that RIM pulled this release. hhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    10-20-12 11:19 PM
    Using Chat with the same ID is hit and miss. I switch my ID on one so I could video chat to the other 2 . The only reason to have the same ID is to share apps between them. The video chat was more important and I did it before I built up any extra data that I would have a problem transferring over. I don't have any issues now. Yes it takes a security wipe to change the ID so if you're going to do it do it right away.
    10-20-12 11:49 PM
    My experiences.....

2 PlayBooks.....Same BBID.........same network............Call failed
    2 PlayBooks.....Same BBID.........different networks......Call failed
    2 PlayBooks.....Different BBID.....same network...........Connected
    2 Playbooks.....Different BBID......different networks.....Connected
    solomon_grundy and fanatical like this.
    10-21-12 07:17 AM
    This is a bummer. Now I have to decide if I should sink another $50 into app world just to get video chat working.
    10-21-12 07:06 PM
    It works, but you have to be within a couple of rooms of each other and yell real loud!!
    10-21-12 07:34 PM
    sink another $50 into app world.
    How do you figure?
    10-21-12 07:45 PM
    How do you figure?
    If I need to set up the second playbook with it's own ID, then I 'll need to repurchase the apps for the second playbook. Which is over $50.
    I'm an app hord. I have over 300 apps on my playbook.
    10-21-12 07:59 PM
29 12