Hi guys

I am having a huge issue trying to video chat with my wife
    I am in Canada and work on the road alot, so I bought my wife a playbook for video chat. Well this is now the 3rd or 4th time and have yet to have a successful conversation. The playback is so choppy and constant freezing it's unusable. We have just both done speed test and both getting around 6000 kbits avg. Down and 500 up.
    Like I said this is not the first time, it's every time.
    Anyone else having video chat problems?
    Anything I can do?
    Keith
    05-27-12 09:52 PM
    I would say the 500 up is the problem. I have used pb video chat many times with my family and it works perfectly but I have 2 mbps up at home. I once connected with a friend who has 500 kbps up at their home and his video was choppy and voice lagging while he could hear me and see fine.
    its very likely pb video stream is not well compressed and needs wide pipe....

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by LinkNote; 05-27-12 at 09:57 PM.
    05-27-12 09:54 PM
    No.. The upstream should be sufficent.

i was able to video chat with my wife and sun from the cabin using my 9900 as a wifi hotspot with a cell phone booster.. I was getting .8 Mbps down and .2 Mbps up using speedtest.net
    05-27-12 09:56 PM
    Open. Ports.
    05-27-12 10:00 PM
    Could be due to packet loss or crc errors on the network. I would take a look at the router settings at home and make sure it is set optimally and there are no problems in the logs. Also, if you have a router that supports QoS, you could add the MAC address of the playbooks and give it the highest priority. That might help.
    05-27-12 10:08 PM
    Could be due to packet loss or crc errors on the network. I would take a look at the router settings at home and make sure it is set optimally and there are no problems in the logs. Also, if you have a router that supports QoS, you could add the MAC address of the playbooks and give it the highest priority. That might help.
    Hi
    I could see making adjustments at home but probably unlikely here at the hotel.
    Not tonight but tomorrow I would be open to test chat with anyone to see results from someone who says that theirs is running superb.
    Thanks all, going to bed.
    Keith
    05-27-12 10:20 PM
    I have 6 fellow playbookers that I chat with all the time. Have often called from McDonalds and never had a problem, or from A&W.
    05-27-12 10:29 PM
    Open. Ports.
    Which. Ports.

Complete. Answers. OK?
    05-27-12 11:03 PM
    I am based in California and twice have had chats with my daughter while she was visiting New York. New York from her hotel was a bit choppy one night, the next night, it was clear.
    Next she went to Florida, we talked for two nights...crystal clear sound and images.

We do have an excellent home router...Netgear WNDR4500. We upgraded from a Linksys
    Wireless G, WRT54G when we started have some problems with internet connections.
    We have had zero problems since our upgrade.
    05-27-12 11:12 PM
    Which. Ports.

Complete. Answers. OK?
    These. Ports.

443 (TCP)

3478 (TCP)

3478 (UDP)

45535 to 65535 (UDP)
    05-28-12 02:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD