I have a little issue with the video chat. My girlfriend and I are trying to setup the video chat. We are both using our correct BB user id. She can connect to me and we can video chat (even on the same router sitting here across the table from one another). Yet when I try and ring her I get "the person you are calling is currently unavailable"??? Tried everything we can think of to get mine to call her. We've tried it with and without bridge being connected. Need help please, thank you.
    12-22-11 10:46 AM
    good question
    12-22-11 11:26 AM
    Does she have Do Not Disturb switched on in the upper left corner of the Video Chat app? The icon will look like a red Do Not Enter sign rather than a minus-sign disc.
    12-22-11 12:57 PM
    I have a little issue with the video chat. My girlfriend and I are trying to setup the video chat. We are both using our correct BB user id. She can connect to me and we can video chat (even on the same router sitting here across the table from one another). Yet when I try and ring her I get "the person you are calling is currently unavailable"??? Tried everything we can think of to get mine to call her. We've tried it with and without bridge being connected. Need help please, thank you.
    maybe is the firewall... i could not connect on my first video chat because the other person had a firewall on the wifi not support by playbook,, call costumer service, 18776448410
    12-22-11 01:05 PM
    Does she have Do Not Disturb switched on in the upper left corner of the Video Chat app? The icon will look like a red Do Not Enter sign rather than a minus-sign disc.
    What he said...
    12-22-11 01:05 PM
    try turning on upnp. i have used mine sucessfully.
    12-22-11 04:09 PM
    try restarting the PB? or checking the Do Not Disturb like already mention. I know that has happened when my cousin tried to video chat with me, and a reboot of my PB solved it.
    12-22-11 04:26 PM
    Can two people using the same wifi/router chat or is there some mutual exclusion that may occur? Just asking?
    12-22-11 07:05 PM
    Can two people using the same wifi/router chat or is there some mutual exclusion that may occur? Just asking?
    two people in same house with same router should work fine....does here
    12-22-11 07:34 PM
    Hahahahah, ok lmao, gonna blame this on old age. Double checked everything everyone suggested (thank you all). Went to delete her and reenter her BB id and seen I had entered her .blackberry.net as .blackberry.ney. She says Im going to Wallyworld tomorrow for a new glasses prescription.
    12-22-11 08:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD