I am trying to use Video Call while bridge to a Torch 3G, but I get a message "The network is disabled or not connected. Please check to ensure your network is connected and properly configured", it works if I am connected to a WiFi, is it that Video Call only works on WiFi???
    Last edited by caquito07; 12-09-11 at 12:52 PM.
    12-09-11 12:49 PM
    I am trying to use Video Call while bridge to a Torch 3G, but I get a message "The network is disabled or not connected. Please check to ensure your network is connected and properly configured", it works if I am connected to a WiFi, is it that Video Call only works on WiFi???
    far as im concerned yes... wifi only
    12-09-11 02:01 PM
    Yes, wifi only.

I wonder if 3g could handle this...
    12-09-11 02:05 PM
    I have used video chat while connected to my mobile hotspot in my pocket and it works fine. My hotspot is 3G.
    12-09-11 04:31 PM
    3g through bluetooth bridge + video chat is very different than a direct 3g connection...
    12-09-11 04:38 PM
    Honestly, you should not expect it to work on 3G. I had an Evo 4G and the video chat was an absolute disaster. A joke really. We gave up our Evo's and got Bolds but the video chat only works with wifi.
    Anything less is just not worth using IMO. Maybe it does but from my 4G video chat experience I only use it at home or work, both of which have wifi.

The video chat app rocks! it does not get any easier than the Playbook VideoChat but only on wifi as far as I know.
    12-09-11 04:45 PM
    Honestly, you should not expect it to work on 3G. I had an Evo 4G and the video chat was an absolute disaster. A joke really. We gave up our Evo's and got Bolds but the video chat only works with wifi.
    Anything less is just not worth using IMO. Maybe it does but from my 4G video chat experience I only use it at home or work, both of which have wifi.

The video chat app rocks! it does not get any easier than the Playbook VideoChat but only on wifi as far as I know.
    12-09-11 04:47 PM
    Video chat on 3G would be horrendous. 4G would be tolerable considering how stable that 4G connection is...

Personally, I've never used the video chat on my PB. I've seen it take place in person though. It seemed pretty smooth considering it was using a store/mall wifi access.
    12-09-11 04:56 PM
    BlackBerry Internet Service cannot upload. It is not something related to PlayBook Video Chat. But its how RIM NOC works. You may try IMO.im over browser. But it won't do even a voice call too.
    12-09-11 04:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD