"I can't attest to having ever had such a slick experience on any other tablet; there's no comparison to how well integrated every application is, and the responsiveness and ease of use of the multitasking facility is unmatched."

Stellar review that finally unleashes the truth about the PlayBook

BlackBerry PlayBook Hardware Review - zConnection
    11-06-11 03:21 PM
    Nice, thanks for posting. Not over the top and honest.
    11-06-11 03:59 PM
    Great. Honest and well made review. Thanks for post.

Now, RIM has no more chance for fail and has necessarially release OS2 in february , smooth and without bugs. So, more consume in a major scale.

PB was released about two weeks in Brazil, for about 750 dollars 16 GB, a bit expensive and really late. Right now I get a big newspaper App in Brazil - Estadao - and more and more local apps in portuguese. RIM has to advance in Big markets out USA for successfull PB sales. Sorry english.
    11-06-11 04:27 PM
    Is it really that honest? Is it really that deep a review? Would you in good faith limit your advice to a close friend based on that review?

I personally feel it is an unbalanced and disingenuous review.
    11-06-11 04:40 PM
    Is it really that honest? Is it really that deep a review? Would you in good faith limit your advice to a close friend based on that review?

11-06-11 04:41 PM
    Huh, pretty much summed up my review.
    11-06-11 04:53 PM
  7. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    "I can't attest to having ever had such a slick experience on any other tablet; there's no comparison to how well integrated every application is, and the responsiveness and ease of use of the multitasking facility is unmatched."

Stellar review that finally unleashes the truth about the PlayBook

BlackBerry PlayBook Hardware Review - zConnection
    very objective review by someone who is not trying to sell short Rim stock or an Apple fanboy....detailed and from someone who actually used a Playbook.....not brainwashed by the US media....
    jvictor77 likes this.
    11-06-11 04:59 PM
    Then a real balanced review needs to be written.

Before you take off your gauntlet, I'm on it.

Perhaps by the weekend.
    11-06-11 04:59 PM

Of course you do.

Perhaps by the weekend.
    This IS the balance of all the shallowly investigated bad reviews that have already been written - don't waste your time.

It looks like the Brits at least are objective, and do some research and actually used the thing before they crank out a review based on what they have heard.

The same applies to Pentax SLR cameras - very well regarded in Britain, yet here they are the Playbook of the camera world. Photographers will laugh at them as they lug around their over hyped Canon and Nikon equipment, yet Pentax is the most usable and intuitive of them all. Not to say that Nikon and Canon are not fine pieces of equipment so let's not start a war, I just believe that Pentax is overlooked for the same reason that playbook is.

Hail to the Queen!
    rleo25 likes this.
    11-06-11 05:37 PM

Perhaps by the weekend.
    That gauntlet has been kicked around for months.
    11-06-11 05:39 PM
    I thought it was fair. The only thing I thought it missed was how well the Playbook runs HD games. From Need for Speed to DeadSpace to Star Front Collision, Lets Golf 2 run flawlessly (at least for me) on the Playbook. My 4 year old also moves round the things like it was make for him. So I also felt it was fair.
    11-06-11 05:42 PM
    This IS the balance of all the shallowly investigated bad reviews that have already been written - don't waste your time.
    Which you would say is pretty much all of them.I'm not aware of a single review that was in any way negative where the author wasn't condemned for being biased against RIM by people on this forum. Not a single one.
    11-06-11 05:47 PM

Perhaps by the weekend.
    Wait - let me write that review for you.

There's not enough apps
    There's no native PIM
    It doesn't do auto correct
    It doesn't sell as well as the ipad, so I am embarrassed to carry it around
    RIM lied, people died.

What did I miss?

Oh - it's not an ipad, it's not an android.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-06-11 at 07:21 PM.
    11-06-11 05:47 PM
    Wait - let me wrote that review for you.

There's not enough apps
    There's no native PIM
    RIM lied, people died.

What did I miss?
    All of the above is true, but to some the glass is half full.
    BernFlo likes this.
    11-06-11 05:57 PM

There's not enough apps
    There's no native PIM
    RIM lied, people died.

What did I miss?

Maybe it's best you got an ipad then.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    bquinney and Gamirok like this.
    11-06-11 06:12 PM
    I knew the word "positive" would bring out the posters who are anything but...
    grover5 likes this.
    11-06-11 06:20 PM
    All of the above is true, but to some the glass is half full.
    Please, whether or not those are true facts should not matter - they give the pb a bad reputation and we don't want that. We want more poor suckers to overlook the inherent limitations in the CURRENT pb and buy it.

And they should certainly buy it because rim has an EXPECTED date for the relaunch - a relaunch that will contain.... will contain.... hmmm, I'm drawing a blank as to what the OS2 will contain, will fix, will include. But no BBM. That is the only thing we are supposedly certain about.

Listen, that's fine - some are happy with that half full glass and others are unhappy about that half empty glass. They need to know the facts so they can decide half empty/full.
    kevinnugent and servingwater like this.
    11-06-11 06:33 PM
    Please, whether or not those are true facts should not matter - they give the pb a bad reputation and we don't want that. We want more poor suckers to overlook the inherent limitations in the CURRENT pb and buy it.

And they should certainly buy it because rim has an EXPECTED date for the relaunch - a relaunch that will contain.... will contain.... hmmm, I'm drawing a blank as to what the OS2 will contain, will fix, will include. But no BBM. That is the only thing we are supposedly certain about.

Listen, that's fine - some are happy with that half full glass and others are unhappy about that half empty glass. They need to know the facts so they can decide half empty/full.
    True. I believe there is host of negative reviews and news to read. In fact most of the news regarding RIM or pb is very informative on what it doesnt have. I don't think anyone knows what os2 will fix/add. Do you? It needs a LOT of work. Fact is it does a lot as stated in the review. I love the review because it states what it CAN do and of course we pretty much know how you stand on the issue. No need to pee on every fire hydrant for other dogs to get your scent.
    Last edited by bpdude; 11-06-11 at 07:04 PM.
    11-06-11 06:51 PM
    Of course you do.

It looks like the Brits at least are objective, and do some research and actually used the thing before they crank out a review based on what they have heard.

The same applies to Pentax SLR cameras - very well regarded in Britain, yet here they are the Playbook of the camera world. Photographers will laugh at them as they lug around their over hyped Canon and Nikon equipment, yet Pentax is the most usable and intuitive of them all. Not to say that Nikon and Canon are not fine pieces of equipment so let's not start a war, I just believe that Pentax is overlooked for the same reason that playbook is.

Hail to the Queen!
    As a photographer I don't agree with your analogy.

I make use of two bodies, a Nikon D3x and D7000. The D3x has no rival imho... however if I purchased a 'professional grade' Pentax SLR I'd really expect to come with a bunch of things as standard.

RAW software, various settings such as aperture and shutter priority, a tripod mount and a cable/remote release function. Would you be happy for a top end Pentax to ship with certain functions unfinished, be promised time after time for the firmware to be updated to fix a flaw in the metering system and see a pretty poor official response from Pentax over what is happening?

I'm sure you wouldn't be happy, just as well Pentax don't release SLR's like RIM release tablets.
    11-06-11 07:15 PM

There's not enough apps
    There's no native PIM
    RIM lied, people died.

What did I miss?

Hahaha, short review but that probably sums it up!

But on a more serious note, I actually find people carrying the ipad in the public more laughable. Just watching them having to put up with lugging it around and the inconvenience that have to go through makes me think how "portable" an ipad is.

I think to myself whenever I see them: "Why you do this? "

Being an unbiased consumer (I don't have a BlackBerry/Apple/Android phone) and I didn't even like the whole tablet idea when it come out, I purchased the PlayBook after playing all the units on display because I had to get a birthday gift for my girlfriend. I got bored with the iPad within the first couple of minutes. Android tablets all looked the same in terms of UI and some of the them were actually pretty laggy. When it came down to the PlayBook, I liked the size and how it showed all the programs that were opened. It was fast and the screen was beautiful. Also loved the bezel gestures, it was a very unique feature compared to the rest. Something that felt right with the PlayBook!

Now I am seeing some of the benefits of using a tablet (letting my girlfriend watch her TV drama series on the PlayBook while I use the computer to game so she wouldn't bother me haha). And I guess only the Playbook and Android tablets allow you to watch Megavideos without doing any tweaking.

I'm pretty new to the whole apps thing. I keep hearing how everyone complains the PlayBook needs more app. I guess that is true but as a new tablet user, I don't even know what kind of apps I actually need until I actually see it. Maybe the whole apps issue is overblown.

I really hope they get Skype in though. And make it so that we can work on word/excel/powerpoint with full functionality. My girlfriend needs these to make full use of the PlayBook.
    11-06-11 07:18 PM
    What did I miss?

And I, for one, am glad it is what it is.
    mud314 likes this.
    11-06-11 07:48 PM
    Hey, the PB works for a lot of people, just because some don't like advanced interfaces doesn't mean many of us can't enjoy using them. There are more than enough apps for me to play with, and if I need more in the future Android apps are coming.

Can you imagine if RIM came out with a tablet that only had a home button that did everything, that couldn't multitask beyond basic functions, that didn't have secure email and BBM through the bridge, that didn't fit in a suit pocket? They would have been lambasted, but as it turns out they were anyway. Different strokes for different folks.
    mud314 and mtnsrgr8 like this.
    11-06-11 09:19 PM
    Finally, read the review - pretty decent review. More thorough than most.
    11-06-11 09:50 PM

Very heroic of you to save the world from the evil playbook, F2, but seriously, is there anyone on the planet that doesn't know the facts by now?

The article makes many concessions on the negatives, and the delay in OS 2.0 etc. it is very fair and objective.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-06-11 at 11:43 PM.
    11-06-11 10:28 PM
    As a photographer I don't agree with your analogy.

I make use of two bodies, a Nikon D3x and D7000. The D3x has no rival imho... however if I purchased a 'professional grade' Pentax SLR I'd really expect to come with a bunch of things as standard.

RAW software, various settings such as aperture and shutter priority, a tripod mount and a cable/remote release function. Would you be happy for a top end Pentax to ship with certain functions unfinished, be promised time after time for the firmware to be updated to fix a flaw in the metering system and see a pretty poor official response from Pentax over what is happening?

I'm sure you wouldn't be happy, just as well Pentax don't release SLR's like RIM release tablets.
    If you really want to be objective you're going to have to concede that other tablets are short on features as well , that the playbook does uniquely and admirably.
    11-06-11 10:32 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD