Today, I went to Futureshop, Best Buy and Walmart with no luck. Staples and The Source show no inventory on their web sites. Why is it so hard to find?
    sosof likes this.
    03-30-13 07:46 PM
    It's been like this for a while... I even tried asking them for the display unit, no luck! I guess they are out of inventory and it doesn't make sense to continue production to sell at the reduced pricing (most accessories were priced clearance as well and are now hard to find).

Amazon.com (us) does show some inventory (not that many).... if you can find a way to get it across the border!
    03-30-13 08:10 PM
    Did you try Wally World (WalMart). A number of their stores have the 32GB model in stock. You can check their online inventory to see if a store near you carries it. BlackBerry 32GB PlayBook with Wi-Fi at Walmart.ca
    03-30-13 08:22 PM
    I bought my 16 gig playbook a month ago at a staples in hamilton but I belive it was the last one at any staples in the city and surrounding area. Lucky me right
    03-30-13 08:47 PM
    You should try amazon.

Sent From My New IPad using Tapatalk
    03-30-13 08:49 PM
    I would go with Ebay or Amazon like suggested above.

I guess my local Radio Shack must be run by a BB fan. They always have them.
    Attached Thumbnails Very Disappointed That I Can Not Find Any Place That Sells The Playbook...-img-20130330-01798.jpg  
    03-30-13 08:59 PM
    Today, I went to Futureshop, Best Buy and Walmart with no luck. Staples and The Source show no inventory on their web sites. Why is it so hard to find?
    Why would you want to buy a PB at this juncture? It will be 2 years old in 2 days. Unless you can get one for $49.99 or less.
    03-30-13 09:37 PM
    Why would you want to buy a PB at this juncture? It will be 2 years old in 2 days. Unless you can get one for $49.99 or less.
    Good luck in even finding a used one for anywhere near that price. I found some on Kijiji but the sellers are asking for a heck of a lot more.

If one wants a WiFi BB tablet, the PlayBook is the only game in town.

Now if ony BB can get that update to BB10 out....
    03-30-13 09:53 PM
    Tigerdirect.ca

I read on a forum post that Amazon don't ship fast.

Tigerdirect shipped mine the day after I ordered. A 64GB. I should get it next Monday. Tracking is sharp with UPS services.

My advice, for what its worth. If you find a new one, buy it. Dont try and save 20$. They're getting rare and so the prices will go high. Every other day a post like this one is started. There are BB unconditional people out there who are going to want to get one before they're history. I did anyway.

I also read that the LTE models are still being produced but are they more expansive? I have no idea where you can find them...

Good luck and cheers
    03-30-13 10:48 PM
    Amazon.com (us) does show some inventory (not that many).... if you can find a way to get it across the border!
    only one that looks short is 16 gigger, 9 left,,, still tons of 32's & 64's...
    03-30-13 11:46 PM
    Are you in Canada? Finding a way to get an Amazon order across the border is complicated and could end up rising the end price from extra shipping and border fees. The unit I bought from tigerdirect started in the US but it's the company who got it across the border. No hassle for me.
    03-31-13 06:58 AM
    This is a good question but at the same time speaks to the great hardware of the playbook. In the latest quarter they sold 370k playbooks. Pretty good for a such an "old" device. My playbook runs as smooth as ever and I use it every day. Hope you find one.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    03-31-13 08:13 AM
    Solely my view and it could be completely wrong:

Whether OFFICIALLY true or not, the pb is essentially out-of-production for the wifi version. Now there may be a very slow assembly line somewhere building them one at a time but don't count on that. So whatever units are out there were produced in the past, distributed most recently at a steep discount to move them off of store or warehouse shelves. Do not expect to find them in any local store but if you do, grab it if you want it. Most likely, as noted, they are still available to some extent online only.
    03-31-13 08:58 AM
    Did you try Wally World (WalMart). A number of their stores have the 32GB model in stock. You can check their online inventory to see if a store near you carries it. BlackBerry 32GB PlayBook with Wi-Fi at Walmart.ca
    I must have suggested Walmart in about ten similar threads, even showing stock at a nearby to the OP Walmart, but not once have it seen a reply that they bought one.
    03-31-13 09:57 AM
    03-31-13 09:58 AM
    Tigerdirect.ca

I read on a forum post that Amazon don't ship fast.

Tigerdirect shipped mine the day after I ordered. A 64GB. I should get it next Monday. Tracking is sharp with UPS services.

My advice, for what its worth. If you find a new one, buy it. Dont try and save 20$. They're getting rare and so the prices will go high. Every other day a post like this one is started. There are BB unconditional people out there who are going to want to get one before they're history. I did anyway.

I also read that the LTE models are still being produced but are they more expansive? I have no idea where you can find them...

Good luck and cheers
    Interestingly, Playbook is number one tablet sales @ Tigerdirect.
    03-31-13 10:08 AM
    Just returned from the UK, they have plenty. Actually on display at Curry's and the sales guy said it was the best tablet on the market and tried to sell me one. Yes it was with the Android tablets and iPad.
    03-31-13 10:10 AM
    Why are you disappointed? It's two years old! BlackBerry are working on the bb10 version as we speak
    03-31-13 10:14 AM
    Why are you disappointed? It's two years old! BlackBerry are working on the bb10 version as we speak
    That would be good news. Where was this announced?
    03-31-13 10:31 AM
    I must have suggested Walmart in about ten similar threads, even showing stock at a nearby to the OP Walmart, but not once have it seen a reply that they bought one.
    I noticed that. Maybe some people don't like shopping for electronics at Wally World. I'm not so fussy. If I needed another PB, I'd get mine there.
    03-31-13 11:33 AM
    I noticed that. Maybe some people don't like shopping for electronics at Wally World. I'm not so fussy. If I needed another PB, I'd get mine there.
    no replies because they don't have any, not in canada anyway, been there done that
    03-31-13 11:40 AM
    no replies because they don't have any, not in canada anyway, been there done that
    What city are you in? Last week there seemed to be lots at various Walmart stores.

I just checked the stores near me and three of them showed in stock.
    03-31-13 11:54 AM
    What city are you in? Last week there seemed to be lots at various Walmart stores.

I just checked the stores near me and three of them showed in stock.
    I phoned every walmart in southern ontario, not a one. online info on their site is wrong or not updated. if someone finds one, post the available product link, not the site link, its a waste of time
    03-31-13 12:30 PM
    and just to add, this all seems like an obvious ploy, and its worked. I bought mine a few months ago at futureshop, hamilton, ont. 32 gig $119 and they could barely give them away at that price. now places are averaging $200 or more if they actually have one. nice scheme!
    03-31-13 12:45 PM
    and just to add, this all seems like an obvious ploy, and its worked. I bought mine a few months ago at futureshop, hamilton, ont. 32 gig $119 and they could barely give them away at that price. now places are averaging $200 or more if they actually have one. nice scheme!
    They could be just selling out as quick as stock comes in if you can buy them at $148 from Walmart and then resell for $200. There were lots in stock at the Toronto stores a week or so ago. If you need one, you might want to ask a store local to you to hold one for you the next time they get a shipment.
    03-31-13 01:39 PM
26 12