One of the things I love about my PlayBook is it's versatility and convienience. Just as an example, the wifi sharing option. It allows me to work on the same document from my home PC, my work PC and my PlayBook without ever to transfer the file to all three devices or maintain multiple revisions. It just stays on my PlayBook and is accessible any time so I can be productive anytime or anywhere. Not sure if others use the feature in this way but it has been a productivity booster for me. Any other stories out there that would highlight the versatility of the PlayBook?
    hpjrt likes this.
    09-28-12 01:43 PM
    Just as an example, the wifi sharing option. It allows me to work on the same document from my home PC, my work PC and my PlayBook without ever to transfer the file to all three devices or maintain multiple revisions.
    I've never heard of this. Do you mean being able to mount the PB as a drive on your PC over wireless? Or is this some other function?
    09-28-12 03:39 PM
    I've never heard of this. Do you mean being able to mount the PB as a drive on your PC over wireless? Or is this some other function?
    I am inclined to say that is exactly what the OP meant. Though Box.net and similar services are another option but does require you to download to edit and upload to save the document. So, using the tablet as an external hard drive seems more in line with the intent of the original message in this thread.
    09-28-12 03:46 PM
    Yep, that's what exactly what I'm talking about. I have my PlayBook mapped as a drive over wifi both at home and at the office. All I have to do is select the drive, login and then open the file and save when I'm done. :-)
    09-28-12 05:04 PM
    Since I decided to start this thread I figured I would keep it going as my "what I like about my PlayBook" type thread. I know there are a bunch of those but I haven't really seen a thread that focused on the PlayBook's versatility so....

Another thing I like is the ability to configure my email in multiple ways. I primarily use the bridge feature for my personal accounts and then access my work email via Outlook web access in the browser. I like the fact that I can minimize the risk of compromising those accounts or the data. With the bridge feature I can access all of my email from just about anywhere and not have to worry if I lose my Playbook or it gets stolen. It also allows me to carry one Blackberry phone (I have both personal and work devices) rather than two. Also, with the bridge feature I have access to my company's sharepoint server and can upload and download files as needed. To make it even sweeter, I don't need an additional data plan.

One more point is that my personal BB is a Torch 9810 on BIS and my PlayBook is bridged to that device. My work BB is an older 8830 that is on BES and doesn't have the capability to use the bridge feature. It does however include a tether capability so I can use the phone as a modem. So regardless of which device I am carrying I have a means to access of my personal or work email and a large portion of my data anywhere there is sufficient coverage. While I wait for OS 2.1 and BB 10 I'm not handicapped a bit when it comes to getting things done.
    10-02-12 09:45 AM
    I like the portability of the BlackBerry PlayBook especially combined with the Bluetooth keyboard and mouse; much easier than lugging my notebook computer to library. The ability to bridge the tablet to my BlackBerry smartphone provides an Internet connection almost anywhere. Plug in my earphones and music awaits me. I can fold the tablet-keyboard case and carry it while returning a book to the shelf or retrieving another book. Not so easy with a notebook computer. Why can't we have unlimited BlackBerry data plans in Canada?
    10-02-12 11:25 AM
    Mobilicity.
    10-02-12 11:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD