I accidentally dragged a folder full of my apps on my playbook and the folder with all the apps vanished. I can't locate them. The issue is that the playbook hasn't been backed-up in a long while so I can't just reinstall. Also a bunch of these apps are no longer available in app world so I can't just renistall them.

The apps are still there as I can launch them using the chrome app manager - there is just no icon on the main page to launch them. Any suggestions what I can do.
    09-26-15 08:23 PM
    Install one of the many file managers available from blackberry world and use it to search for them.

Ghost commander seems to work well.
    09-27-15 09:54 AM
    I actually have Ghost Commander installed. I had surfed around and can see the directories ... but no way of executing them or entering into them that I know to execute the excutable witihiin them.

The issue from my perspective is that the executable shortcut that links to the app folder on the Playbook page has vanished. i don't know how to recreate them. The chrome manager is able to launch them with developper mode enable - I just don't know how to launch them except without connecting a PC.
    09-27-15 04:27 PM
    Ghost Commander will let you launch any android apps on your Playbook, but not any native apps.
    09-27-15 04:41 PM
    Can't you move those apps back to the home page?
    09-28-15 10:03 AM
    No. There is no icon to drag. It created an invalid index error in the error codes when you dragged them up to the top bar and now the folder can't be seen. I don't know where in the file structure the home page is so I can't even just copy the folders.
    09-28-15 05:00 PM
    Did you by chance remove all apps from the quick launch bar? If so, this is a known quirk in the OS. When you do this (remove all apps) and then try to move other apps to the quick launch bar, they'll disappear. The fix is to move all apps up to the quick launch bar until they ALL disappear, then reboot. This should fix things.
    brookie229 likes this.
    09-28-15 07:40 PM
    Just some reading material that might help you browse the file structure and used in combination with a few known apps, may help you find the file locations.

Kevin Boone's Web site (scroll to the bottom)
    09-28-15 07:56 PM
    Did you by chance remove all apps from the quick launch bar? If so, this is a known quirk in the OS. When you do this (remove all apps) and then try to move other apps to the quick launch bar, they'll disappear. The fix is to move all apps up to the quick launch bar until they ALL disappear, then reboot. This should fix things.
    This happened to me once and worked. I had lost 2 apps and then I purposely moved all other apps up to vanish them. A reboot and presto, everything was back.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 09:48 PM