I'm using a lumia 900 now and am unable to tether via Bluetooth to my pb. Is that even possible to begin with? Or is hotspot the only way?
    02-13-13 02:07 PM
    I have the same question. Apparently this was discontinued from Windows phone 7 (have no clue why).
    Microsoft says that Wifi tethering is faster and more secure. Well, only if you have a phone connection higher than 3G. Security protocol is the same and bluetooth does not drain the battery nearly as fast as Wifi.

I have just bought a brand new Navigator system (Tom Tom 400) and it needs bluetooth tethering to work properly. Which it does with IOS, Android and Blackberry but.... NOT with WP.

Just add both, what is the problem Microsoft?

You are going to have lots of clients experiencing the same problem as I in the coming months...
    09-20-13 05:35 PM
    I'm using a lumia 900 now and am unable to tether via Bluetooth to my pb. Is that even possible to begin with? Or is hotspot the only way?
    Windows Phone used to have limited BT profiles, e.g. you couldn't even beam files. I think they have added some but you should ask in the Windows Phone forum. Also, ask your cell provider if it is possible. I have an android phone and can't connect to PB via BT with VZW. VZW said it was not possible. So I connect via WIFI hotspot with no problems.
    09-20-13 06:05 PM
    So. I'd like to know how to get my mobile connection secured enough to prevent any maliciousness. I'm not entirely talking about virus protection etc, but how to lock the connection so that others doing a drive by can't access my connection ... i have read that I need to get a security certificate from my provider, but I'm not sure about this. Does anyone know if I'm overlooking the obvious? Thanks muchly, Blackberry U8350 ...
    And btw, my connection is faster using my cel than the connection my sister has at her place, ultra high speed with dsl ... which makes me VERY happy. ... hm ... i think mebbe i shoulda started a new thread ...
    06-09-14 11:31 PM
    I use TMo USA. I use five phones on the network: z10, Nokia Lumia 521 (currently running the developer version of Windows Phone 8.1, previously running Windows Phone 8.0), two Nokia 5230 (running a version of Symbian), and a Samsung feature phone, which does what it's supposed to do.

Running both Windows Phone 8.0 and Windows Phone 8.1 (developer version), I haven't been able to establish BT connections between the Lumia 521 and my two Playbooks, my Microsoft BT mouse, or my Microsoft BT keyboard. Only other BT connections I've tried (which have been successful) are with a couple of BT headsets. (I've only tried out the developer version of Windows Phone 8.1 for a couple of hours, but, so far, the new on-board folder/file system has worked well and Cortana runs well on the 521's 512 megs of RAM.)

The Z10 establishes BT connections with the two PBs and my BT mouse and my BT keyboard. As of 2-3 weeks ago, I could establish Internet tethering between the Z10 and the PBs. I haven't tried this since then b/c, altho the PBs screen space is obviously superior for web browsing, I get much better speeds using the Z10 directly on TMobile's LTE system than I do when Internet tethering with the PB.

As of a couple of months ago, I could still Internet tether using my two PBs and my two Nokia 5230s--altho, according to TMobile, I shouldn't have been able to do so. Don't know if this Internet tethering scenario is still playing out in this manner.

Incidentally, altho the 5230s could establish BT connections with my BT headsets, the 5230s could not establish BT connections with my BT mouse or BT keyboard.
    06-10-14 09:42 AM