when i first got the pb i used google mail fine the first time but after that it keeps saying "It looks like you've lost connection to the server. Please check that you have a working network connection and try again". everytime i try to refresh the page this happens. can anyone help?
    06-15-11 08:31 PM
    i get that same error message too, if you change the view when you stroll to the bottom of your messages to desktop you do get all your messages. I realize it's a band-aid solution but it works if anyone has an even permanent solution please let us know.
    06-15-11 09:04 PM
    Same problem here. I've cleared cache, emptied history and deleted cookies. Still no gmail through my playbook.
    06-15-11 09:17 PM
    noticed the same issue today.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-11 10:26 PM
    Same. Clear cache then archive a few emails, then connection to server is lost.

No native email and now no gmail... Thanks!
    06-16-11 07:59 AM
    I use gmail also but I do not yet have a pb. However your problem appears to be a timing out issue due to Google perhaps seeing you as an automated robot (spammer) rather than a human being. Perhaps you're using IMAP rather than a web interface. Nevertheless I would suggest that you take this step of unlocking the Captcha. Captcha will help Google see you as a human being. Hope this works!

https://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha
    06-16-11 08:39 AM
    Still an issue.
    06-16-11 04:31 PM
    i am not sure if this is the what solved it or not but i was signed in my gmail on my torch and logged off, then i tried to log in my pb and it worked.
    06-17-11 02:21 AM
    I've had the problem once of logging into gmail on the PB and it said i had no mail, I had to clear my cache and log back in and it started working.
    06-17-11 07:46 AM
    Same, but I have had to do this several times. Who knows.
    06-17-11 07:51 AM
    i love my playbook but really, now i cannot get my gmail, is their no fix for the "it look like you lost connection to the server problem"

it seems odd that the playbook is suppose to great because it can view the "whole" web but i cannot even look at my gmail

already my playbook usage has be limited, now this, i will stick with the playbook to the bitter end (which i hope is not soon) but it sure would be nice to get my gmail
    10-01-11 11:31 AM
    Hi Everyone. Have you tried scrolling to the bottom of the email list (the pane on left side) and switching to either desktop or html view? i prefer the html view over desktop view. but haven't had any issues with gmail since switching to basic html view.

(this is what pablo was referring to earlier in the thread)
    10-01-11 12:49 PM
    Click this link
    https://accounts.google.com/ServiceL...ile&from=login

After the login screen appears, click on the Star+ sign/Bookmarks and select Add To HomeScreen.
    Name the shortcut as Gmail, and move it to your favorites for instant access.

The easiest way to get Gmail desktop version.
    Hope This Helps
    Last edited by LimeTripBlog; 10-01-11 at 03:41 PM.
    10-01-11 03:33 PM
    10-01-11 04:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD