I use WiFi at home, but my new office does not have a WiFi connection so I use Bridge to monitor email rather than internet tether to update my email and calendar. I notice that some apps like LinkedIn and newsreaders are still pulling data when using Bridge. My provider is Verizon. I assume internet tethering will chew up my phone's data plan more than if the PB pulls from Bridge? Any thoughts or experiences would be greatly appreciated. I have downloaded a data monitoring app and it seems to be fairly minimal.
    10-10-13 04:57 AM
    Bridge is using your phones data, it's just a tether along with the other options bridge gives you.
    10-10-13 05:31 AM
    Bridge uses your phone's data when wifi is not available. The process is similar to Tethering but does not involve additional services monthly from Verizon.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    10-10-13 09:06 AM
    Bridge uses your phone's data when wifi is not available. The process is similar to Tethering but does not involve additional services monthly from Verizon.
    F2 is correct, but with one small caveat: Check your bill, the "original" bridge can/may simulate tethering as it would appear to VZW.And you MAY incur extra charges, that has happened before, but I have heard in the last month or so that has been "relaxed".

You may/should get the Bridge version from RRoyy.com for you phone, and VZW will not recognize as "tethering" or anything. Just uses your Data. This is really usefull if you be on ATT also.........

c
    FF22 and Sumando like this.
    10-10-13 09:13 AM
    Thanks. It appears I am running v2.1.0.31 for OSv5 instead of v.2.1.034 for OSv7.1. What the heck BB World?
    10-13-13 03:51 PM
    The bridge in the US works up to 3G, sometimes in Edge (2.5G) or 2 G
    The bridge when you are outside the US and your provider turned on the international email roaming is quite slow, no faster than 2.5G
    enough for emailing, even native app email. but very slow if to use Linked, or a browser
    but better than a $500 bill after you return to the US

T-Mobile US has now international unlimited free data-roaming ( G2 to G2,5), worth taking a look, with free teetering
    10-13-13 08:15 PM