I had copied my laptop "favorites" (2042 of them) to the bookmarks folder, and, like everyone else, couldn't do anything with them. Last night I was looking around on AppWorld and was curious about the free "AIR Browser". Installed that, opened the bookmark folder, tapped to select a url shortcut, after tapping, at the bottom left is a "button" you can click on to open. It does open the the url in a browser window. It looked like it was going to work on the vast majority of my shortcuts/bookmarks. AIR Browser was a little sluggish browsing my bookmarks, probably because of how many I've got. Gonna try to trim it down and see if that improves.
    02-25-12 10:14 AM
    Some people have been doing this for a while. It is not pretty but it works. I've been going through all my links and saving to the home screen where you can arrange and rename. RIM this needs fixin PRONTO! If RIM could just dedicate some time fixing these irritating "little" problems it would make the tablet so much more friendly. 10 out of 10 to RIM for such a great browser; -12 for the bookmark management. They have done most of heavy lifting. Please RIM polish the damn thing.
    BerryClever likes this.
    02-25-12 11:25 AM
    I installed Dolphin HD and although a little sluggish, the bookmark management is great. I tried getting the addon to import / export bookmarks but it just redirects me to App World.
    02-25-12 11:35 AM
    re: dolphin browser

I am trying to decide how concerned I am about its privacy policies and the info it collects if I chose to use it.

Clearly, though, I have no idea what Rim is collecting/doing with info when I use the native browser. And certainly, no idea what rim is doing when I use their browser on my phone which filters/compresses/something when used.

I don't have enough aluminum foil to protect me but I don't want to totally throw all caution to the wind.
    revdoug likes this.
    02-25-12 01:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD