I did a search on Google and couldn't find anything related to this.

Is it possible, using an Android tablet and an application, to duplicate the Playbook's capability of communicating with a Blackberry cellphone in order to engage in messaging through the BBS system?

I can see how an active Blackberry cellphone is necessary. But the Playbook is just a bridge, so I was wondering if the possibility existed for using some other "bridge".
    04-19-13 11:21 AM
    I did a search on Google and couldn't find anything related to this.

Is it possible, using an Android tablet and an application, to duplicate the Playbook's capability of communicating with a Blackberry cellphone in order to engage in messaging through the BBS system?

I can see how an active Blackberry cellphone is necessary. But the Playbook is just a bridge, so I was wondering if the possibility existed for using some other "bridge".
    It's doesn't even work with a pb connected to Z10! Why should it work with a DROID tablet?
    04-19-13 11:24 AM
    Short answer is no. Long answer is nooooooooooo.

As stated, this doesn't even work with the PB and Z10 (and I'm guessing Q10). BBM is meant to be secure and Blackberry specific, so I highly doubt there is a way for any Android device to access this feature on your phone.
    04-19-13 11:32 AM
    Short answer is no. Long answer is nooooooooooo.

As stated, this doesn't even work with the PB and Z10 (and I'm guessing Q10). BBM is meant to be secure and Blackberry specific, so I highly doubt there is a way for any Android device to access this feature on your phone.
    And now with bb10 we no longer have BIS! Security for bb is now non existent. Wait until bb lose the US government contract due to lack of security. Oh sorry that may have already happened. Please forgive me for that comment.
    04-19-13 12:12 PM
    And now with bb10 we no longer have BIS! Security for bb is now non existent. Wait until bb lose the US government contract due to lack of security. Oh sorry that may have already happened. Please forgive me for that comment.
    Nope. The government never used BIS so no worries. No you can't bridge a DROID. The pb can be used perfectly fine without a bridged bb or any other phone.

You can use your phones hotspot for Internet when there is no wifi around.
    04-19-13 01:04 PM
    Nope. The government never used BIS so no worries. No you can't bridge a DROID. The pb can be used perfectly fine without a bridged bb or any other phone.

You can use your phones hotspot for Internet when there is no wifi around.
    Thanks for responding. I've never used a Blackberry before. I was under the impression that if you had a BB and you wanted to be able to text messages with a bit bigger screen, then the PB would be a good option. Are you saying that BBM's can be sent without a BB phone and with only the PB?
    04-19-13 04:50 PM
    Thanks for responding. I've never used a Blackberry before. I was under the impression that if you had a BB and you wanted to be able to text messages with a bit bigger screen, then the PB would be a good option. Are you saying that BBM's can be sent without a BB phone and with only the PB?
    Never said a thing about BBM. BBM on the pb runs thru bridge from your bb phone, groups don't work over bridge either. And that is with an OS7 bb, the option isn't there on a Z10
    04-19-13 04:59 PM
    Never said a thing about BBM. BBM on the pb runs thru bridge from your bb phone, groups don't work over bridge either. And that is with an OS7 bb, the option isn't there on a Z10
    See if you weren't in such a hurry to have a pop at me and read the man's post properly you wouldn't have to correct yourself!
    04-19-13 05:04 PM