The playbook is still a very versatile device, albeit slow @ times. Its to be expected. Im going to try and use it as an OBD ( on board diagnostic) device in my car. Theres a app call torque installed on my playbook. When I purchase my OBD plug in into the car's port, and sync with playbook "should" give me the readouts of my cars functions. If this works, will be a permanent fixture in my car.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 10:43 PM
    I still use my Playbooks for email, web browsing (slowly), ebook reading, note taking, multimedia and remote access (RDP, SSH, Citrix).
    09-25-15 03:29 AM
    Try the App called fast browser, and you can browse, fast.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 11:44 AM
    Evening Folks

Still love my Playbook, like the way it multi tasks so easily. Currently have it connected to a very nice amplifier that I picked up on ebay for 99p, it's the 64 gig model which I brought for �40 2 years ago. Using the on board music player app as it's so easy to use and it's really good for YouTube as well. Also makes a great remote for Kodi as well, looking to get many more years out of it yet cheers.
    10-03-15 03:59 PM
    What do you use to control Kodi? That would be something I could see trying out.

I use mine with repligo reader to display and markup pdf's for presentations.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 09:27 AM
    Due to very weak wifi where I live - and the fact that nearest AT&T tower is 5 miles away - haven't tried bridging it to my 9900 (about to be replaced by Passport which will get a test run with the PB!) - therefore, at home uses since its arrival in October, have been primarily as an ereader (Kobo) and docs to go (working on different story ideas during bouts of insomnia in bed where PB is perfect - macbook pro stays on the desk in my office).

Thanks to this thread, I just fired up the demo video - WOW! - and will use PB to buy movies that I love (Champions if possible!, story of great British steeplechase horse Aldaniti and his jockey, Bob Champion) or to watch videos when away and strong wifi is available.

Would love to use PB for photo storage (am professional photographer/writer) when out of the country (better than dragging macbook), but need the correct USB regular to micro cord in order to hook up card reader to PB. Any suggestions re cable or adaptor for my card reader usb cord and where to get it?

RE PB build and not many apps - phhht on apps - not high on my wishlist! I'm into easy productivity. There's nothing more aggravating than trying to haul camera equipment and laptop that weights almost as much as I do when you're heading to parts unknown in a foreign country. So far, Blackberry has saved my journalistic bacon several times when in remote parts of Kenya while on deadline. Nobody's iPhones or internet dongles (usb gizmos) worked in the bush - but BB always comes through for me. I just bought a Passport - supposedly arrives today (be still, my heart! - so tizzed!) and yes, I will figure out how to deal with gmail, but you know - it's Blackberry - this stuff takes a beating and keeps right on working. I can't wait to watch a movie or video on it in bed!!!

So, yes, get your Playbook, OP, and discover ways to enjoy this beautiful little device!
    dmlis likes this.
    10-05-15 10:49 AM

Would love to use PB for photo storage (am professional photographer/writer) when out of the country (better than dragging macbook), but need the correct USB regular to micro cord in order to hook up card reader to PB. Any suggestions re cable or adaptor for my card reader usb cord and where to get it?
    No USB OTG on the playbook, so you can't do this via USB. You'll need a wifi sd card or adapter to transfer pics.
    10-05-15 02:32 PM
    You could also bridge through your phone and do this, provided you can get the images on your phone. I believe at least some of the BB10 devices support usb OTG.

I put pictures on my PB either by usign Dukto, or by running wifi file explorer on the phone and browsing from the PB. I'm sure their are Android based apps that make this process easier.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 06:03 PM
    grrrrr - guess I have to resign myself to carting the macbook with me in order to download photos from my camera cards. Would have been nice if I could hook CompactFlash card reader to the Playbook, which is where I thought the USB OTG would come in handy, but whatever. Thanks anyway!
    10-05-15 07:07 PM
    An original 64GB, it's on the bedside table (always plugged in)
    Blackberry Bridge to z10 for text messages
    email and calendar (synced to both work and personal accounts -- did this so long ago that I forget how)
    e-reader
    browser (works better on some sites than others). I use the native browser for the ones that it suits, and Origami for others
    10-06-15 06:49 AM
    I'm using mine today on the go traveling bridged for entertainment watching youtube for now. And I like when I mount it on my dash it will show me caller ID when I get a call on my BlackBerry.

Posted from my Q10 via the power of "Q"
    10-06-15 01:06 PM
    It's on the nightstand connected to the charging dock with a set of headphones plugged in.

Downloaded a dozen or so blueray rips onto it and installed stereotube for having an additional 10 Billion video's at my fingertips. Nobex for streaming radio, fast browser for viewing most websites.
    10-06-15 03:19 PM
    I'm a very late adopter of BlackBerry "Accessories". Now, this has some advantage. Playbooks have been at blowout prices for a long time now, and the accessories for my legacy 9900 are at rock bottom prices as well. I recently discovered the blackberry mini speaker for 12 bucks on Amazon. Yahoo.

I just got my Playbook last year believe it or not (at a bargain basement price), and since then it's been a must-have for BRIDGING to my 9900. You don't miss what you never had, but once I had the Playbook BRIDGED to the BlackBerry phone, it was game over for me. Now I can't work without it. Bridging puts a bulk of the message/email/call throughput work on the Playbuck itself. It's just easier to work on a Playbook screen than it is to work on the little 9900 screen.

Better late than never.
    10-10-15 11:05 PM
    I'm a very late adopter of BlackBerry "Accessories". Now, this has some advantage. Playbooks have been at blowout prices for a long time now, and the accessories for my legacy 9900 are at rock bottom prices as well. I recently discovered the blackberry mini speaker for 12 bucks on Amazon. Yahoo.

I just got my Playbook last year believe it or not (at a bargain basement price), and since then it's been a must-have for BRIDGING to my 9900. You don't miss what you never had, but once I had the Playbook BRIDGED to the BlackBerry phone, it was game over for me. Now I can't work without it. Bridging puts a bulk of the message/email/call throughput work on the Playbuck itself. It's just easier to work on a Playbook screen than it is to work on the little 9900 screen.

Better late than never.
    @BBerryPowerUser

Okay, I'm lost here - I have my 9900 on AT&T and a playbook - how do I bridge the PB to the Bold? If possible, can you pm directions to me or send a link on here where I can find out how to do this without going totally nucking futs while on deadline?

THANK YOU!!!
    10-12-15 09:26 PM

Okay, I'm lost here - I have my 9900 on AT&T and a playbook - how do I bridge the PB to the Bold? If possible, can you pm directions to me or send a link on here where I can find out how to do this?
    This might be a good starting point for your 9900. How To Setup the BlackBerry Bridge to connect the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet to a BlackBerry Smartphone | CrackBerry.com
    10-12-15 10:01 PM
    @BBerryPowerUser

Okay, I'm lost here - I have my 9900 on AT&T and a playbook - how do I bridge the PB to the Bold? If possible, can you pm directions to me or send a link on here where I can find out how to do this without going totally nucking futs while on deadline?

THANK YOU!!!
    Very easy to do.

Just follow the instructions here;

How To Setup the BlackBerry Bridge to connect the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet to a BlackBerry Smartphone | CrackBerry.com

For me, it's intuitive on how to do things like this on a Berry. Not sure why. It's like I wrote the code for OS7.

If you get stuck, let us know, but it's truly not hard. You need Bridge set up on your 9900 and Bridge set up on the Playbook. Once you are "BRIDGED" then you will get bridge icons on your playbook for TEXT and EMAIL. This is actually accessing your 9900 via your Playbook. What you do on the Playbook happens on the 9900. When someone calls, you will even get a Pop-Up on the Playbook announcing the call.
    And, Bridge does not "Tie Up" your Bluetooth port. So you can still connect a Bluetooth device to the Playbook as well as the Bridge.
    Finally, you can use your trackpad on your 9900 to move the cursor and select things on the Playbook, so you can use the 9900 Trackpad as a "Mouse". It's very nice. You have to select this option in the Bridge App on your 9900.

Enjoy!
    PonyCrazyKid likes this.
    10-12-15 10:11 PM
    Does amazon video work on playbook in uk? I have followed your example on youtube. Nexus 7 and firefox settings. Amazon wants me to download silverlight or the amazon app??? Not working for me

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 05:33 PM
    Does amazon video work on playbook in uk? I have followed your example on youtube. Nexus 7 and firefox settings. Amazon wants me to download silverlight or the amazon app??? Not working for me

Posted via CB10
    Origami Browser>Nexus 7> Chrome. There has been times when I have had to close and reopen the app after making the changes in order for Amazon to work.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    11-05-15 07:10 AM
    I have a two monitor set up at my office. I use Outlook for emails and because I'm in sales, the calendar gets a lot of use. I hate flipping back to Outlook, switching to calendar view to see my schedule while on the the phone setting appointments ( I'm in other programs that take a lot of screen real estate).

PlayBook sits in its dock as a third monitor as my calendar.

Posted via CB10, Mostly from my Passport, occasionally my Z30
    11-05-15 08:15 AM
    Hey all,

I was given a new playbook by a friend who somehow got one from someone that works at RIM. They were clearing them out at the low cost of FREE!

Anyways, I've found that basic web surfing is fine although youtube has some issues like screen flicker in a corner.

Any suggestions on how to get around this?
    Also I presume this can't be rooted to install BB10 or Android?

I do like being able to connect my Q5 to it thoiugh to text.
    11-08-15 07:13 PM
    French Playbook user.

- web browser (more and more issue, often I can not type nor in the address bar nor on the "search" area... native browser and Origami browser).

- I consider the playbook as virus free so all my internet payment are done with the playbook

- bridge with Q5 even if the bridge was more powerful with OS7.

- Connected to my home server
    - Music play (kalemSoft) DLNA
    - fill the seedbox easily

- Weather channel

Shame : I can not connect my HMA VPN...to watch BBC or skysport!

As mentioned French user so sorry for my bad english!
    11-09-15 07:32 AM
    Origami Browser>Nexus 7> Chrome. There has been times when I have had to close and reopen the app after making the changes in order for Amazon to work.
    Thanks will give it another go

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 02:07 PM
    Hey all,

I was given a new playbook by a friend who somehow got one from someone that works at RIM. They were clearing them out at the low cost of FREE!
    I would certainly pick another up at that price! I am sure mine will bite the dust at some point.

I side-loaded tubemate for the youtube issues, though it is definitely sluggish. Unsure if any of the PB specific youtube apps actually still work. If I could find a native youtube app that worked that would be the better way to go.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 08:24 PM
    I would certainly pick another up at that price! I am sure mine will bite the dust at some point.

I side-loaded tubemate for the youtube issues, though it is definitely sluggish. Unsure if any of the PB specific youtube apps actually still work. If I could find a native youtube app that worked that would be the better way to go.

Posted via CB10
    I was so annoyed with all the browsers' performance on YouTube until I tried as some have already suggested: Origami browser set to iPad as the default user agent.

Works 100% better than the native browser. At least I got back the full screen mode with no lag whatsoever.

No signing in, but whatever.

Posted via CB10
    silversamurai likes this.
    11-11-15 08:57 AM
    Thought my old PlayBook was a bit laggyy but compared to my bloated Samsung tab3 it's downright peppy.
    When I pick up my tab 3 after leaving is on for 24 hrs it has been pretty busy doing lots and lots of Google stuff with no participation by me.
    Down right scary.

Posted via CB10
    brunoxrs likes this.
    11-11-15 10:08 AM
235 ... 45678 ...