Found a good use.....

Attachment 363511
    Except that's not a PlayBook. Is that some old Android tablet? I don't recognize it but it's no iPad lol

Posted via a touchscreen, excuse the typos.
    08-11-15 10:07 AM
    Except that's not a PlayBook. Is that some old Android tablet? I don't recognize it but it's no iPad lol

Posted via a touchscreen, excuse the typos.
    Yea I was just teasing
    axllebeer likes this.
    08-11-15 12:48 PM
    Yea I was just teasing
    Oh I figured as much. 😉

But I still don't recognize it lol
    08-11-15 04:05 PM
    I posted this in the "just curious poll" and thought it also belonged here...We have 3 playbooks in our household. 2 x 64GB and 1 x 16GB. My boys (3 & 8) use theirs on every family trip for movies and randomly off and on for various games. Since 2011 when I purchased the first one for a lot of money and shortly after buying my oldest his, it's been a critical link with my family for my military deployments. I can't think of a more elegant solution for my circumstances. When I have access to the internet I am up, running and using Blackberry's video chat with my family in seconds (works well with my Passport too). It's small enough to fit in our standard issue cargo pockets and knowing it has been FIPS 140-2 certified allows me to feel confident that my tablet is as secure as a tablet can be. We have several other tablets in our household including my wife's dust collecting ipad2 replaced by a kindle 7HD which is a great solution for her needs. She also since ditched her iPhone which Apple makes it very clear they do not want to lose their long standing customers. She still thinks some of her texts are going to her old iPhone. :-) I mention these references to Apple since their eco system is like a trap and I don't get that feeling from anything Blackberry related. I own and field tested many of the most popular tablets and there is just something about the blackberry flow which makes it my favorite OS. I can't thank blackberry enough for providing a secure video chat solution which works in about every low internet access country/environment when any other solution is unable to even connect. Blackberry must have a super-thin client because when others I'm with say there is not enough bandwidth to video chat their jaws drop when I have a crystal clear video chat running. When the bandwidth does drop it will start to cut in and out, but often it recovers without dropping the call. Even when it does its a quick call back I have recommended this solution to many military members because even now you can get 2 new (64GB) playbooks (Amazon) for $200 or less depending on timing. That's a cheap investment for a device with such great build quality. I stream Amazon prime movies (when I do have decent internet) with the HDMI out.
    awindsr and andy957 like this.
    08-12-15 01:14 AM
    I posted this in the "just curious poll" and thought it also belonged here...We have 3 playbooks in our household. 2 x 64GB and 1 x 16GB. My boys (3 & 8) use theirs on every family trip for movies and randomly off and on for various games. Since 2011 when I purchased the first one for a lot of money and shortly after buying my oldest his, it's been a critical link with my family for my military deployments. I can't think of a more elegant solution for my circumstances. When I have access to the internet I am up, running and using Blackberry's video chat with my family in seconds (works well with my Passport too). It's small enough to fit in our standard issue cargo pockets and knowing it has been FIPS 140-2 certified allows me to feel confident that my tablet is as secure as a tablet can be. We have several other tablets in our household including my wife's dust collecting ipad2 replaced by a kindle 7HD which is a great solution for her needs. She also since ditched her iPhone which Apple makes it very clear they do not want to lose their long standing customers. She still thinks some of her texts are going to her old iPhone. :-) I mention these references to Apple since their eco system is like a trap and I don't get that feeling from anything Blackberry related. I own and field tested many of the most popular tablets and there is just something about the blackberry flow which makes it my favorite OS. I can't thank blackberry enough for providing a secure video chat solution which works in about every low internet access country/environment when any other solution is unable to even connect. Blackberry must have a super-thin client because when others I'm with say there is not enough bandwidth to video chat their jaws drop when I have a crystal clear video chat running. When the bandwidth does drop it will start to cut in and out, but often it recovers without dropping the call. Even when it does its a quick call back I have recommended this solution to many military members because even now you can get 2 new (64GB) playbooks (Amazon) for $200 or less depending on timing. That's a cheap investment for a device with such great build quality. I stream Amazon prime movies (when I do have decent internet) with the HDMI out.
    Yup, the video chat is cool if you're only communicating with other BlackBerry users. The rest of the world has skype though, and that was one of the biggest lacks in the playbook, sadly.

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    08-12-15 10:42 AM
    Its great solid surface to do lines from. That's about it... I tried to make this comment from mine and took about 7 minutes for the browser to even load not to mention the 3 second lag after every key stroke. Let's not get it to YouTube and how frustrating that is to use. The speakers are awsome but the volume turns itself down after every song. So ya there's my review
    08-12-15 03:18 PM
    1). A PDF and document reader
    2). Multimedia
    3). Clock
    4). Note taking
    5). Doorstop

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CatDaddy; 11-21-15 at 07:55 AM.
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    08-12-15 03:23 PM
    Its great solid surface to do lines from. That's about it... I tried to make this comment from mine and took about 7 minutes for the browser to even load not to mention the 3 second lag after every key stroke. Let's not get it to YouTube and how frustrating that is to use. The speakers are awsome but the volume turns itself down after every song. So ya there's my review
    Try using the BBW Crackberry app to comment and for that matter, view the forums. It is not bad and certainly beats using the web browser

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 03:43 PM
    Try using the BBW Crackberry app to comment and for that matter, view the forums. It is not bad and certainly beats using the web browser

Posted via CB10
    Or sideload Tapatalk.

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    08-12-15 06:06 PM
    I use it at work for web-based charting at the physiotherapy clinic, actually works very well. Lightweight, perfect size for the hands, and looks professional.

Posted via the Z30 on CB10
    axllebeer likes this.
    08-13-15 12:24 AM
    Finally, I am going to use mine to make music on. I've always wanted to do that for years and for some reason never noticed til now, Caustic 3, native for pb in BlackBerry World! I've been using a 3gs for a mobile music making app so the PlayBook's larger size and spec should be good!

Posted via P'CB10
    08-15-15 03:36 PM
    My BlackBerry PLAYBOOK is a vital part of my business world.

I'm STILL on a 9900. I BRIDGE it to my Playbook. Shazam! My Playbook becomes my daily driver for Email and Text, and partly for Phone calls. With Bridge, the Playbook becomes a large screen of my 9900, and I can use the 9900 Track Pad as a mouse if I wish. Also, you can BRIDGE and STILL use BlueTooth for another device like the BlackBerry Mini Stereo speaker for music or for Speakerphone. What's not to like about that? And one MORE plus about being on a legacy device? Accessories like the Mini Speaker now cost 10 percent of what they were selling for just a few years ago.

Also, I use the Playbook for Web Surfing. Especially when I'm mobile. My previous carrier did not allow Tethering, but they could not detect the Playbook BRIDGE tethering for internet use. It was spectacular. Now, ATT just includes tethering, so it still works great.

The Playbook for me is integral and one of the reasons I'm still with my 9900. When I finally go to a BB10, I hope that BLEND will be as good for my business needs as BRIDGE has been.
    andy957 and LyoobaBerry like this.
    08-15-15 03:49 PM
    My BlackBerry PLAYBOOK is a vital part of my business world.

I'm STILL on a 9900. I BRIDGE it to my Playbook. Shazam! My Playbook becomes my daily driver for Email and Text, and partly for Phone calls. With Bridge, the Playbook becomes a large screen of my 9900, and I can use the 9900 Track Pad as a mouse if I wish. Also, you can BRIDGE and STILL use BlueTooth for another device like the BlackBerry Mini Stereo speaker for music or for Speakerphone. What's not to like about that? And one MORE plus about being on a legacy device? Accessories like the Mini Speaker now cost 10 percent of what they were selling for just a few years ago.

Also, I use the Playbook for Web Surfing. Especially when I'm mobile. My previous carrier did not allow Tethering, but they could not detect the Playbook BRIDGE tethering for internet use. It was spectacular. Now, ATT just includes tethering, so it still works great.

The Playbook for me is integral and one of the reasons I'm still with my 9900. When I finally go to a BB10, I hope that BLEND will be as good for my business needs as BRIDGE has been.
    I still use my mini Bluetooth speaker every day. I use it with my BlackBerry devices android and yes, even an iPhone. Then I plug it into my car stereo and whammo!
    08-15-15 04:15 PM
    I still use my mini Bluetooth speaker every day. I use it with my BlackBerry devices android and yes, even an iPhone. Then I plug it into my car stereo and whammo!
    Oddly, I was unaware of the Mini Bluetooth BlackBerry Stereo Speaker until about six months ago when I read a thread here on CB about how great the device was.

Again, the advantage of coming in late? I bought mine for 12 bucks and change from Amazon, with Prime delivery. Beats the 99 bucks it first appeared at.

I use it often. Mostly as a speakerphone, but also as a streaming music player in hotel rooms at night or on mornings while I'm getting ready to leave the hotel.

It's a great little device. For $12.99 delivered, every BBerry owner may want to try one.
    axllebeer likes this.
    08-15-15 04:21 PM
    Oddly, I was unaware of the Mini Bluetooth BlackBerry Stereo Speaker until about six months ago when I read a thread here on CB about how great the device was.

Again, the advantage of coming in late? I bought mine for 12 bucks and change from Amazon, with Prime delivery. Beats the 99 bucks it first appeared at.

I use it often. Mostly as a speakerphone, but also as a streaming music player in hotel rooms at night or on mornings while I'm getting ready to leave the hotel.

It's a great little device. For $12.99 delivered, every BBerry owner may want to try one.
    Yep. Mine in action. As an audio gateway. Uses for a Playbook mid 2015?-imageuploadedbycb-forums1439675378.067333.jpg
    BBerryPowerUser and extisis like this.
    08-15-15 04:49 PM
    Yep. Mine in action. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByCB Forums1439675378.067333.jpg 
Views:	839 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	366960
    OUTSTANDING SIR!

Thanks for the post, and the IDEA. I have a similar "slot" in my car. I'll be following your example.
    axllebeer likes this.
    08-15-15 04:53 PM
    OUTSTANDING SIR!

Thanks for the post, and the IDEA. I have a similar "slot" in my car. I'll be following your example.
    Yes I use it all the time. Plug it in to the CD player now and then to charge and keep using it when I charge it. Take it on my school bus to do the same thing. I love controlling it from my Pebble using talk2watch on my Q10.

Also works great with the PlayBook in the car. Media, mapping audio, movies for the kids, you name it. And when it's connected to my phone it becomes really handy during phone calling. Hands free speakerphone pumped through the car stereo system. It's a REALLY understated device. Very useful and I would be lost without it. Everyone needs the Bluetooth mini speaker! It works with everything.

Posted via a touchscreen, excuse the typoos.
    Last edited by axllebeer; 08-15-15 at 08:02 PM.
    08-15-15 05:24 PM
    I still use Minidisc as my main audio medium, because I am convinced of it.
    Ya know, I was just remembering way back when I was in high-school on a plane heading to Paris in the late 90's taking my Sony cd "walkman" and connecting it to my mini-disk player/recorder copying CDs to mini-disks because it actually INCREASED the quality of the sound!

Ahh the good old days.

Posted from my Q10 via the power of "Q"
    08-15-15 08:31 PM
    If only they had put miracast on our PlayBooks... they would still be living and breathing. Now they're just breathing xD

Posted via the CB10 App on my Z10
    The hdmi cable is much higher resolution and smoother than miracast.
    I use my PB daily to stream live TV, mostly on the big screen TV with the HDMI cable.
    I also use it for music, some email, text editing, book reader, BBM video calls and secure banking. It's the only device I trust for banking except for my Linux computers.
    08-16-15 10:54 AM
    The hdmi cable is much higher resolution and smoother than miracast.
    I use my PB daily to stream live TV, mostly on the big screen TV with the HDMI cable.
    I also use it for music, some email, text editing, book reader, BBM video calls and secure banking. It's the only device I trust for banking except for my Linux computers.
    you know there was a vulnerability found recently within the PB's browser right? i wouldn't trust it for banking- in fact i don't.
    08-16-15 11:21 AM
    Ya know, I was just remembering way back when I was in high-school on a plane heading to Paris in the late 90's taking my Sony cd "walkman" and connecting it to my mini-disk player/recorder copying CDs to mini-disks because it actually INCREASED the quality of the sound!

Ahh the good old days.

Posted from my Q10 via the power of "Q"
    i love audio talk. MiniDiscs actually have a lower bitrate quality vs CD but because of ATRAC compression they sound very similar to CD-quality and in some cases sound even better to the end user. MiniDiscs are at approximately 282Kbs while MP3's can be up to 320Kbs - yet MP3's even at this bitrate can sound horrible.. and that's because it could be the 500th copy of said mp3, hence lower quality. MiniDiscs were the sh*t.
    axllebeer and DurdenLunarius like this.
    08-16-15 11:30 AM
    i love audio talk. MiniDiscs actually have a lower bitrate quality vs CD but because of ATRAC compression they sound very similar to CD-quality and in some cases sound even better to the end user. MiniDiscs are at approximately 282Kbs while MP3's can be up to 320Kbs - yet MP3's even at this bitrate can sound horrible.. and that's because it could be the 500th copy of said mp3, hence lower quality. MiniDiscs were the sh*t.
    Back in the 90's, most mp3's were 128Kbps, mostly for size reasons. They were variable rate before they'd be 320 Kbps. And if you cared about quality, you used flac, as you're not going to realistically hear different mp3 quality above 192 Kbps.

An mp3 copy is exactly that, no loss copying 500 times. You'd transcode it 1-2 times, I don't know where this 500 comes from. You rip it once, and copying doesn't change the quality further.
    08-16-15 11:54 AM
    Back in the 90's, most mp3's were 128Kbps, mostly for size reasons. They were variable rate before they'd be 320 Kbps. And if you cared about quality, you used flac, as you're not going to realistically hear different mp3 quality above 192 Kbps.

An mp3 copy is exactly that, no loss copying 500 times. You'd transcode it 1-2 times, I don't know where this 500 comes from. You rip it once, and copying doesn't change the quality further.
    way to ruin it. copy of a copy of a file loses quality, look it up. and yes, FLAC is one of the lossless file types. Many more: ALAC, APE, ATRAC if you like lossless compressed. and you can definitely hear the difference above 192kbps, any engineer will you tell that. assuming i didn't care about quality... lol. back on the ignore list you go.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    08-16-15 12:32 PM
    you know there was a vulnerability found recently within the PB's browser right? i wouldn't trust it for banking- in fact i don't.
    Yes. I know. I verified it. It's still there.
    I stopped using it for banking since then.
    extisis likes this.
    08-16-15 08:25 PM
    way to ruin it. copy of a copy of a file loses quality, look it up. and yes, FLAC is one of the lossless file types. Many more: ALAC, APE, ATRAC if you like lossless compressed. and you can definitely hear the difference above 192kbps, any engineer will you tell that. assuming i didn't care about quality... lol. back on the ignore list you go.
    What? A copy of a copy is exactly the same as the source. That is what copy means. I think you are confusing "encoding" with "copying", which are entirely different actions.

We're talking digital files, here. Ones and zeros. When I copy an mp3 from one computer to another, there is nothing changed. It is exactly the same, no quality change. You lose quality when changing formats (encoding), like analog to digital and vice versa.

Please, tell me what I need to look up that tells me a copy of a copy of a file loses quality. Engineers would like to know how computers and the Internet has existed at this point with such a devastating problem that would need to be overcome when copying a file isn't copying an exact copy of the original.

I also disagree with "you can definitely hear the difference above 192kbps, any engineer will you tell that". This is totally subjective to the person's hearing abilities, the quality of the sound system, and the mix of the source. Change "definitely" to "maybe".
    EchoesFX likes this.
    08-16-15 09:21 PM
235 ... 23456 ...