My WiFi and BT died, Blackberry help talked me through getting a new software load into the PB. Well, in process of getting started (I now have WiFi on it) I got to the point of needing to put in a set of data including User name, screen name, password, question, etc but it won't accept any of the names I want to use for user name. I am sure they are unique, what am I missing. What are the rules for user name-this for creating a new Blackberry ID.
    05-01-11 09:53 PM
    You may have to use the same Blackberry id that you used when you first bought the Playbook.

In other words, the device may be locked to account that was used to initially activate it.

Robert
    05-01-11 10:03 PM
    I don't know if you figured it out yet. After I posted above, I realized that I had a Blackberry ID already when I purchased my Playbook. I am not sure if you can create a Blackberry ID when you first start a new Playbook or if you need to create the ID with a web browser on another computer prior to the start up of a new Playbook, or one that has be reset to factory default.

Robert
    05-02-11 09:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD