I'm getting really, really sick of all these Android apps where someone, not the developer, has converted the free sample/restricted version of an app and the real app is not available.
    04-04-12 12:00 PM
    i'm sick of downloading apps and finding out it's android. my "uninstalled" section under myworld is unnecessarily huge because of this.
    Darlaten and SifJar like this.
    04-04-12 12:16 PM
    They really need to put and Android icon in the corner or have a filtering option so you know what is really a Playbook app and what is a ported Android app. I prefer native apps if they are available and will only resort to Android if there is no other option.
    kbz1960 and malcerie like this.
    04-04-12 01:22 PM
    They really need to put and Android icon in the corner or have a filtering option so you know what is really a Playbook app and what is a ported Android app. I prefer native apps if they are available and will only resort to Android if there is no other option.
    RIM don't want people to realise though (although the "initializing" screen is obviously a dead give away - for less technical users they may not realise) in the hopes of creating a more "seamless" experience - bit of a joke when dialogs etc. in Android apps use a very stock Android UI, not even slightly skinned to look more like QNX. (And yes, the Android UI can be skinned, most manufacturers have skinned the UI on their devices). I really don't see why they didn't spend even a little bit of time working on that...
    04-04-12 01:28 PM
    I don't mind the Android apps at all if they are real apps with some function, I have a few that are just fine. It's the lack of quality and the obvious fact that nobody's even looking at these things to see if they meet some kind of basic standards that bugs me. RIM is so desperate to get the app count up they don't seem to care.
    Fuzzballz likes this.
    04-04-12 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD