mh, is the information on Goodreader current? I looked at the last few comments and everyone was having the same problem.
    07-26-15 07:43 PM
    Open Origami browser. At the upper right see three bars. Click to open and click desktop to have blue bar under it. The rest, private, adblock, and booster should be cleared of blue bar. Then go to settings on that menu. In the user agent set the default to z10 and the desktop to Firefox. It seems to take a couple of minutes to load a movie so give it some time. I don't think anyone was able to get hulu working, tho.
    Crackle is working! Well, it's still loading, but I didn't get a "browser not supported" error. Thanks again!
    07-27-15 07:28 AM
    mh, is the information on Goodreader current? I looked at the last few comments and everyone was having the same problem.
    Not sure about the guide info, but that's the place to get the Crackle app that works on the PB. (If I recall, the app behaviour needs to be set to "showcase").

Here's a guide that looks accurate:

Sideloading made easy with the PlayBook App Manager Browser Plugin | CrackBerry.com

I see you got the site to work, though, so that's good. Enjoy!
    07-27-15 07:40 AM
    Thanks mh! I got it installed. I found an online APK to BAR converter, so that will be next.
    Last edited by HonnyBrown; 07-28-15 at 07:06 PM.
    07-27-15 06:13 PM
    Okay, so this is odd.

My PlayBook is in full use now. I have chargers at home and work.

This morning, I took it off of the wall charger. When I got it to work, none of my chargers fit! I have two Z10 chargers and a non-BB wall charger.

They all fit the Z10, but not the PB. I hope I didn't damage the PB; I'm always careful.
    07-29-15 08:26 AM
    Don't confuse the HDMI port. I've done that before. The HDMI looks kinda like a miniUSB, so thinking USB you might go for it. You need to go for the microUSB connector. The mind does strange things sometimes. Didn't you get the magnetic rapid chargers?
    07-29-15 12:37 PM
    Okay, so this is odd.

My PlayBook is in full use now. I have chargers at home and work.

This morning, I took it off of the wall charger. When I got it to work, none of my chargers fit! I have two Z10 chargers and a non-BB wall charger.

They all fit the Z10, but not the PB. I hope I didn't damage the PB; I'm always careful.
    Look in the micro USB and see if it's jacked or not. The charging pin is easily bent. Sometimes you can straighten it. My granddaughter tried to use a non BlackBerry charger on hers and whipped it out. I would say it was FUBRed but that is an under statement.
    07-29-15 09:02 PM
    Look in the micro USB and see if it's jacked or not. The charging pin is easily bent. Sometimes you can straighten it. My granddaughter tried to use a non BlackBerry charger on hers and whipped it out. I would say it was FUBRed but that is an under statement.
    This. It's easy to insert the micro USB plug the wrong way round which subsequently bends the pin. It is possible to bend back, but be very careful because if you do this often it will eventually break.

I wonder whether this relates to your earlier charging problems. If the plug has been going in the wrong way round and creating an unreliable connection, this could cause the strange behaviour you've seen with partial charging/the indicator not showing as it should.

Hopefully the port has not been damaged. If it has, your only choice may be to pick up the 3 pin rapid charger or docking station.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 03:56 AM
    Don't confuse the HDMI port. I've done that before. The HDMI looks kinda like a miniUSB, so thinking USB you might go for it. You need to go for the microUSB connector. The mind does strange things sometimes. Didn't you get the magnetic rapid chargers?
    I definitely used the one in the middle. Yeah, the magnetic charger is on it's way here from across the world. I should get it by Christmas.
    07-30-15 10:04 AM
    Yeah, I think I bent the pins when my chair got tangled up in the wire and yanked it out. My IT department said they will take a look at it.
    07-30-15 10:06 AM
    This. It's easy to insert the micro USB plug the wrong way round which subsequently bends the pin. It is possible to bend back, but be very careful because if you do this often it will eventually break.

I wonder whether this relates to your earlier charging problems. If the plug has been going in the wrong way round and creating an unreliable connection, this could cause the strange behaviour you've seen with partial charging/the indicator not showing as it should.

Hopefully the port has not been damaged. If it has, your only choice may be to pick up the 3 pin rapid charger or docking station.

Posted via CB10
    Deckard, once I got the PlayBook charged, it worked great and I didn't have any issues. After the charging incident the first time around, I didn't let it get below 50%.

This is ironic, because I am so careful about how I handle the plugs and chargers.
    07-30-15 10:16 AM
    I picked up some magnetic chargers that someone was Freecycling. I happened to check that account, which isn't synced with my Z10, and there they were!

I picked up my PlayBook from IT this morning and used the charger. First, the battery is at 77%. Pretty good since it hasn't gotten any juice for a while.

Also, when I charged the PB with the magnetic charger, I got a lightening bolt through the battery. I never got that with sync charger. Deckard, I think you were right that there was something wrong with that charging port.
    08-03-15 08:38 AM
    I picked up some magnetic chargers that someone was Freecycling. I happened to check that account, which isn't synced with my Z10, and there they were!

I picked up my PlayBook from IT this morning and used the charger. First, the battery is at 77%. Pretty good since it hasn't gotten any juice for a while.

Also, when I charged the PB with the magnetic charger, I got a lightening bolt through the battery. I never got that with sync charger. Deckard, I think you were right that there was something wrong with that charging port.
    With the magnetic charger, the device should charge completely in an hour or so, so hopefully yours is doing this. Glad to hear the charger seems to have sorted it.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 04:02 PM
    Thanks mh! I got it installed. I found an online APK to BAR converter, so that will be next.
    This one works well with the PB (older version of the app, which is usually your best bet for *maybe* successfully sideloading an Android app):

Crackle for Playbook and Blackberry 10
    08-03-15 05:04 PM
    mh, I think I'm good for now. I can't use the sync port because the pins are bent. I haven't even looked into Bluetooth syncing.
    08-05-15 07:26 AM
65 123