I read on here that a used PlayBook needs to have the original owner's password if it has the new OS.
    Anything else special about it?
    Can it use the same charger the Z10 does?

How is Crackberry Nation using Netflix on the PlayBook?
    07-17-15 12:09 PM
    Z10 charger won't be able to charge the PlayBook.
    Idk about the password thingy, but I think there's nothing like that.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-15 12:36 PM
    Netflix, will not work on the Playbook. Trust me, we tried. You need to "sideload" the android apps, a small process, but sideloading is a hit/ miss proposal....maybe 40/60

All you need to do is enter the password wrong ten times and it wipes the unit, and then you can start over fresh...with yiour own BB ID

ALSO, there is no new OS for the Playbook, it is End Of Life as of almost 2 years ago. No more updates.

And yes, your z10 charger will work with the Playbook, but at a slightly slower charge rate.
    The Playbook OEM charger was 1.8 amp output.
    07-17-15 12:36 PM
    Thanks guys!
    I am up and running with my BBID. No issues there.
    The problem now is that it won't charge. I get an error in the top corner "Unable to charge battery with connected source."
    I have tried both the original charger and my Z10; computer and different outlets.
    Any advice?
    07-17-15 05:55 PM
    Maybe you can try to charge your PlayBook using a Samsung Galaxy Tab charger. If that does not work, perhaps the charging mechanism of the PlayBook is at fault.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 02:39 AM
    I have already mentioned, you cannot charge using a Z10 charger, the charger needs to have high Amps.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 04:29 AM
    I have already mentioned, you cannot charge using a Z10 charger, the charger needs to have high Amps.

Posted via CB10
    He said he's tried the original charger as well. Also, i've successfully charged the PlayBook with a Z10 charger. Works fine, just a little slower.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 04:39 AM
    Thanks guys.
    I've read that you can and can't use a Z10 charger with the PlayBook.
    I don't have a Samsung charger, only BlackBerry and Apple.

I've made a little progress since my last post. I plugged the PlayBook into an outlet using a sync/charge cable. It's not charging, but I'm not getting the error message either. That makes me hopeful.

More advice would be appreciated.
    07-18-15 06:36 AM
    Thanks guys.
    I've read that you can and can't use a Z10 charger with the PlayBook.
    I don't have a Samsung charger, only BlackBerry and Apple.

I've made a little progress since my last post. I plugged the PlayBook into an outlet using a sync/charge cable. It's not charging, but I'm not getting the error message either. That makes me hopeful.

More advice would be appreciated.
    I'd suggest that if you are getting that problem when charging using the proper PlayBook charger, there could be a problem with your device. I assume you bought it second hand? It might be a good idea to contact the person who sold it to you...

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 07:39 AM
    The Playbook OEM chargers are dirt cheap on Amazon

 Classic
    07-18-15 09:00 AM
    I'd suggest that if you are getting that problem when charging using the proper PlayBook charger, there could be a problem with your device. I assume you bought it second hand? It might be a good idea to contact the person who sold it to you...

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I bought it used on eBay. The owner said she didn't have any issues, but she sold it because she no longer used it.

I'm finding a lot of charging issues here and on the BB Support forum. Hopefully, there will be a solution somewhere.
    07-18-15 09:38 AM
    The Playbook OEM chargers are dirt cheap on Amazon

 Classic
    They sure do! I just bought a bunch of them!
    07-18-15 09:39 AM
    My battery is now in the yellow zone after I did the stack charging using the factory wall charger.
    Now, I have it sitting on the charger. There's no flash. I think I got the error message.
    When it dies completely, I'll stack charge it again.
    07-18-15 09:44 AM

Posted via CB10
    It's not a "little" slower, it's painfully slower. And it doesn't even show that it's charging, it just shows its not charging, but if kept for a long time, it gets charged very slowly.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 10:32 AM
    It's not a "little" slower, it's painfully slower. And it doesn't even show that it's charging, it just shows its not charging, but if kept for a long time, it gets charged very slowly.

Posted via CB10
    I don't know what you're trying to argue here. You said you CANNOT charge the PlayBook using a Z10 charger, and you can. The OP has stated he's tried charging using the original charger as well and is still having problems. We're trying to help him with this.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 10:41 AM
    My battery is now in the yellow zone after I did the stack charging using the factory wall charger.
    Now, I have it sitting on the charger. There's no flash. I think I got the error message.
    When it dies completely, I'll stack charge it again.
    I'd recommend trying a full factory wipe/OS restore. You can do this via the BlackBerry desktop software (download via the BlackBerry web site).

If you still can't charge, that leaves you with 2 options:

1) buy the 3 pin rapid charger and see if that works ok.
    2) Return your PlayBook, as it likely has some kind of fault.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 10:46 AM
    Either way you should have the rapid charger, your problem might be with the usb charge plug spot. The cradle version of the rapid charger is very nice for keeping your playbook topped off while at home and ready to grab n go when you leave.
    07-18-15 11:33 AM
    I turned it off via the task bar (tapped the battery icon). I plugged it in using the factory charger and it's pulsing yellow. I hope that's progress.

Deckard, I got it in the mail yesterday. I downloaded the latest update. It had already been wiped by the owner before she mailed it to me.
    07-18-15 12:01 PM
    I turned it off via the task bar (tapped the battery icon). I plugged it in using the factory charger and it's pulsing yellow. I hope that's progress.

Deckard, I got it in the mail yesterday. I downloaded the latest update. It had already been wiped by the owner before she mailed it to me.
    You should presumably be protected then - if it doesn't work out you are entitled to a refund. The three-pin chargers (you can buy those as a standard rapid charger or a docking station) might be a way around the problem since it uses a different connection, but that's up to you whether you want to sped the extra money.

Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 01:46 PM
    Yes, pulsing yellow green while completely off is normal. Wait til you get steady green. Then you can turn it on and it will be fully charged. Recommend the magnetic 3pin rapid charger or dock. It will charge fully in a couple of hours.
    Charging issues can be averted by not letting the PB get below 20-30% before charging.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 03:08 PM
    Deckard, I have the rapid charger in my Amazon cart!

Gooseberry, how long do you think it will take to get to green? Overnight, days, weeks, any ballpark will do.
    07-18-15 03:53 PM
    Well, it will depend on how low it was. With the regular charger, I'd give it 12-24 hrs. Maybe because it is completely off, a little faster.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 05:47 PM
    Thanks Gooseberry! I think I'm on track. It's been on the factory charger for 12 hours, is powered off and is blinking yellow.
    I also read about this issue in the BB Knowledge Base and I'm relieved to see it's a design issue, not user malfunction.
    07-18-15 10:11 PM
    I don't know what you're trying to argue here. You said you CANNOT charge the PlayBook using a Z10 charger, and you can. The OP has stated he's tried charging using the original charger as well and is still having problems. We're trying to help him with this.

Posted via CB10
    It's painfully slow, is equal to it can't be charged. Better to get a PlayBook charger! I have a PlayBook, so I know it. Not trying to in any argument but z10 charger sucks for charging a PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-15 05:16 AM
    I checked this morning and the battery is at 42%. It's charging and I'm happy about that. It still doesn't show the flash, it's just green.
    I went to BlackBerry World and there wasn't a lot there.
    07-19-15 06:14 AM
65 123