Hello all

I had 2 PBs but one of them fell hard on the floor and died...
    So I found a used one that I will receive this week.
    I totally forgot what I have to do when I receive it, as I want to start from the factory settings and then install the apps I used to have, after of course having updating the OS.
    Also, do I have to do something with Blackberry? Like a new registration? I won't run into a double registration or something?

Thanx for your help
    01-29-14 05:56 AM
    Hello all

I had 2 PBs but one of them fell hard on the floor and died...
    So I found a used one that I will receive this week.
    I totally forgot what I have to do when I receive it, as I want to start from the factory settings and then install the apps I used to have, after of course having updating the OS.
    Also, do I have to do something with Blackberry? Like a new registration? I won't run into a double registration or something?

Thanx for your help
    Go to Settings, Security, Security Wipe ... (even better if you hook it up to Link and reload the software)
    kbz1960, Carl Estes and DrBoomBotz like this.
    01-29-14 06:27 AM
    I would guess that it would be already security wiped when you get it. If, when you turn it on, it doesn't go into the setup/update routine, you would know. If it just loads the OS, I would wipe/reload. Also, make sure it is fully charged before you turn it on. Enjoy!
    01-29-14 07:29 AM
    Apparently a connection to the update server is required before you can use your PlayBook (after a wipe or if it's not been used before). But since BlackBerry suddenly turned off the update servers to save money (without announcement or providing an alternative solution like a downloadable copy of the PlayBook OS), that means all PlayBooks that have been factory reset are now officially f*cked. Thanks John Chen.
    01-29-14 07:40 AM
    Hello David,

You mean I won't be able to update the PB to the 2.0 OS??

Thanx all for your answers
    01-29-14 08:00 AM
    If you wipe your device, or buy a new one, you won't be able to use it again lol. BlackBerry have switched off the update servers without prior warning or alternative ways to update.
    01-29-14 08:18 AM
    Unfortunately...we are at least 3, and probably closer to 5 or more days with the situation. All newly bought or security wiped playbooks are currently unusable.

Hopefully this is a temporary situation but the longer it goes on the less likely it seems to be one.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9330
    01-29-14 08:44 AM
    Apparently a connection to the update server is required before you can use your PlayBook (after a wipe or if it's not been used before). But since BlackBerry suddenly turned off the update servers to save money (without announcement or providing an alternative solution like a downloadable copy of the PlayBook OS), that means all PlayBooks that have been factory reset are now officially f*cked. Thanks John Chen.
    Wow. If this true all I have to say is WTF!
    01-29-14 08:54 AM
    Wow. If this true all I have to say is WTF!
    Someone on the other thread got an email response from BBRY saying they know about the problem and maybe still 24-48 h from resolution. So prolly not permanent...
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-29-14 11:33 AM
    I can't remember for sure, but don't the latest OS versions allow you to skip the update? If you have a Windows PC and the time, try using the 1753 auto loader posted in the OS forum and swipe past the check for updates.

You may end up with an OS missing everything but the browser. I am not sure about that either, as that situation may be related to a security wipe not, the auto loader.

A link to Playbook autoloader files can be found in this thread, post number 69.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post9907886
    01-29-14 11:41 AM