Hi.

A friend of mine is going to buy a Playbook in Dallas. Do you know if I can use it in Spain (with spanish language). I�ve seen the demo and looks like it only let you choose between french and english.

Please, can you help me?

Thanks a lot.
    04-25-11 05:11 PM
    Please, any idea?
    04-26-11 01:14 AM
    I have support for English (US), English (UK), Francais, Espanol, Deutsch, and Italiana

Cheers,
    04-26-11 01:23 AM
    I have support for English (US), English (UK), Francais, Espanol, Deutsch, and Italiana.
    Maybe that's while bridged with a BB running one of those languages?

Can the language be changed altogether? Am I missing something?

According to the BB support site:

"The settings menu holds a few more options that can be used to customize the experience. To begin, tap the Settings icon in the upper right corner of the home screen:

Set a preferred keyboard type in the Keyboard tab, choosing from QWERTY, QWERTZ and AZERTY styles.
    Select a preferred language from the Language tab in the drop down list.
    The Screen tab offers additional settings to control screen brightness and backlight timeout both on battery power and while plugged in.
    Use the Sounds tab to set individual volume levels for input, such as typing on the keyboard, and notifications, such as receiving a new message."

But for the life of me, I cannot find the Language Tab.
    04-26-11 02:01 AM
    Maybe that's while bridged with a BB running one of those languages?

Can the language be changed altogether? Am I missing something?

According to the BB support site:

"The settings menu holds a few more options that can be used to customize the experience. To begin, tap the Settings icon in the upper right corner of the home screen:

Set a preferred keyboard type in the Keyboard tab, choosing from QWERTY, QWERTZ and AZERTY styles.
    Select a preferred language from the Language tab in the drop down list.
    The Screen tab offers additional settings to control screen brightness and backlight timeout both on battery power and while plugged in.
    Use the Sounds tab to set individual volume levels for input, such as typing on the keyboard, and notifications, such as receiving a new message."

But for the life of me, I cannot find the Language Tab.
    If it was while bridged, I would have mentioned it. While bridged I have no language issues at all.

Tried to view here ¡Bienvenidos a As�*SeHace.net!

Seems to work. Now if you meant an OS in Spanish, then no, in fact, French will not be out until the Summer.

[EDIT] Also, be aware that BB App World will not work until the units actually go on sale.

Cheers,
    Last edited by Oniberry; 04-26-11 at 02:14 AM.
    04-26-11 02:10 AM
    Sorry I should have specified. I was asking about system language, not just browser rendering.
    04-26-11 02:18 AM
    Not yet. I have only heard about the release of the French OS. I am sure they will start to roll out as the device gets to each country, but for now, only English is supported.

Cheers,
    Last edited by Oniberry; 04-26-11 at 02:44 AM.
    04-26-11 02:21 AM
    Earlier versions (demo) of the OS had a language tab with options to change the system language. Hopefully we'll see that back in a not too distant update.

04-26-11 02:42 AM
    Thanks a lot for your answers. So, spanish is not yet supported on the system, isn`t it?
    04-26-11 03:25 AM
    Thanks a lot for your answers. So, spanish is not yet supported on the system, isn`t it?

Not as of yet. Sorry.

Cheers,
    04-26-11 03:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD