Anyone know a way to use PlayBook to play music from Z10 or other BT sources? Any 3rd party apps or sideloads to achieve this?

What would be achieved is the PB would be my wireless BT gateway and I would control the music from the device I was using -- My Z10 or my laptop.

Thanks in advance for your responses.
    09-12-13 10:38 AM
    Anyone know a way to use PlayBook to play music from Z10 or other BT sources? Any 3rd party apps or sideloads to achieve this?

What would be achieved is the PB would be my wireless BT gateway and I would control the music from the device I was using -- My Z10 or my laptop.

Thanks in advance for your responses.
    Well, you can get a BB music Gateway, plug it into your Audio/Vis system, and "stream" via BT your tunes from Playbook, Z10 phone or any other bt enabled music player.

Cost; about 30/35 bucks.
    Start here, and find it cheaper elsewhere.. BlackBerry Music Gateway | Bluetooth Bluetooth Adapters | ShopCrackBerry
    c
    09-12-13 10:51 AM
    Thanks for the reply, but it doesn't really address what I am looking for. I am fully aware of other devices that will perform a similar function, but I want to see if it's possible to use the PlayBook to do it.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 11:06 AM
    No, the PlayBook is not a streaming BT client, it is a Streaming Bluetooth server the same as your phone.

Sorry to spoil your pipe dream, but like mentioned above it will stream to a client device.
    09-13-13 04:05 PM
    When using your z10 connect to your PlayBook using the bridge app (BT), then go to the z10 music app select your song use the play on feature & select playbook.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 07:13 PM
    When using your z10 connect to your PlayBook using the bridge app (BT), then go to the z10 music app select your song use the play on feature & select playbook.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks! Doesn't seem to work for me tho.

Perhaps it's broke because I'm running the 10.2 leaked OS ?

I assume this works for you, what OS are you running?

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 07:49 PM
    Sorry it's not play on. It's long press on the song, then share, then open on playbook. If you have issues try turning off media sharing. Oh and it works with pictures as well.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    09-13-13 10:40 PM
    Thought I would mention I use squeeze tunes (similar to sonos) but my playbooks are the players creating different zones. My z10 or playbook is the remote.

Posted via CB10
    gwanstarr likes this.
    09-13-13 10:47 PM
    Thought I would mention I use squeeze tunes (similar to sonos) but my playbooks are the players creating different zones. My z10 or playbook is the remote.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks again for your suggestion, but I think I'm going to scrap the BT solution and just use KalemSoft to play music from my Z10 to the PB.

It's not exactly what I wanted, but the trade off is better sound quality going through DNLA plus I'm sure streaming 96bit FLAC files isn't going to work over BT.

Would have preferred using Neutron to stream, but it seems finicky vs the ease of use that KalemSoft over DNLA offers.

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 09:24 AM
    Actually I'm streaming music from my Z10 on my PlayBook at the moment...
    I have 10.2.1 on my Z10; open the BlackBerry bridge, click on File Manager, ensure that your Z10 is chosen and select the SD card if you store your music there. Find the Music file folder, and open file, find song and highlight song, click Open.
    It may take a few seconds before the music starts.

But you can stream from your Z to the PlayBook!!
    05-19-14 02:33 AM