so whit all of the CES and QNX I got this crazy idea to turn a playbook to a carputer, has any body tried something simillar? or its just to crazy?
    12-11-13 07:42 PM
    Yes people have done this, with BB bridge this could work quite well!
    12-11-13 07:53 PM
    so whit all of the CES and QNX I got this crazy idea to turn a playbook to a carputer, has any body tried something simillar? or its just to crazy?
    i think the guy that broke the "cannonball run" record recently may have used them for this,,, if you look @ the setup they had, it looks like the tablets mounted to the dash might've been playbooks...

Attachment 229245
    Carl Estes likes this.
    12-12-13 05:44 AM
    i think the guy that broke the "cannonball run" record recently may have used them for this,,, if you look @ the setup they had, it looks like the tablets mounted to the dash might've been playbooks...

Attachment 229245
    And they freakout over "texting and driving"..............MUST be hands free, but what about "attention free".......

c
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    12-12-13 09:26 AM
    And they freakout over "texting and driving"..............MUST be hands free, but what about "attention free".......

c
    that was the navigators' setup,,, they were a 3 man team, driving in shifts...
    Carl Estes likes this.
    12-12-13 02:30 PM
    hopefully they aren't streaming pronos on the move....talk about hands free driving
    Carl Estes and kbz1960 like this.
    12-12-13 02:37 PM
    hopefully they aren't streaming pronos on the move....talk about hands free driving
    Yeah, but wait until the Officer tries to read the "logs".........

c
    Cynycl likes this.
    12-12-13 02:54 PM
    Yeah I have my PlayBook as a full audio carputer

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 02:56 PM
    Yeah I have my PlayBook as a full audio carputer

Posted via CB10
    Yeppers too, I have it mounted in front of the head unit in my Ridgeline (with a flipdown mount to acessradio/cd exchange bits etc.)and BT unit to get it into the stereo. EVERY CD I own is on the road with me, and using Maggelan for voice Nav. I almost might have to leave one of my PB permanently in my truck. Quick mount to hide from unsavory types....

c
    Cynycl likes this.
    12-12-13 03:00 PM
    I have the compass when on the road with preloaded maps and bluetooth music on normal days. It also serves as my caller ID so I don't have to take the cell off my pocket

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes likes this.
    12-12-13 03:14 PM
    I was thinking in something more that a multimedia center, more like open the playbook and use the camera like a reverse camera, use a obdII bluetooth adaptor and have real time informacin from the engyne .
    Last edited by iCoutinoc; 12-14-13 at 10:44 AM.
    12-12-13 07:12 PM
    Good idea guys!

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 09:41 AM
    I have my playbook mounted on the dash of my toyota echo and use a 3.5mm to 3.5mm audio cord to stream music to my deck. I also use a Vgate OBDII wifi dongle and Torque Pro on the playbook to get real time updates of my engines performance. I highly recommend Vgate's wifi dongle. I read somewhere some of the bluetooth ones don't play well with the playbook.
    SEAWARRIOR and iCoutinoc like this.
    12-15-13 01:58 AM
    http://instagram.com/p/bw5Fe4F9tR/
    antonio crawley likes this.
    12-22-13 06:19 PM
    Instagram

Video
    Instagram
    12-22-13 06:27 PM
    Man, as much as I would like to do something like this, I cant see a way it would be useful for me. I only stream music these days and I dont have bridge or Internet Sharing on my phone. Not enough data anyways. The Turn by Turn on my phone is better too. :/ I guess it would be a neat dash cam. LOL
    12-23-13 01:15 PM