Can I use a USB (thumb) drive with my PlayBook if I get a USB to USB Mini adapter?

Thanks.
    02-08-13 02:59 PM
    No, it currently does not have USB OTG capabilities. The hardware is there but not the software. Maybe with BB10...
    02-08-13 03:02 PM
    So is there any simple way to get photos from the SC card in my camera to my PlayBook? I'm going on a trip and I'm hoping to avoid taking my laptop. Of course I'm not going till the end of April so I'll likely have a Z10 and BlackBerry10 on my PlayBook so it may be a whole different ballgame.
    02-12-13 11:29 AM
    Transfer the photos from the cameras card to a PC and then from the PC to the Playbook. If your playbook is connected over WIFI to your PC, connect the camera to the PC and just copy/paste them across.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-12-13 11:53 AM
    So is there any simple way to get photos from the SC card in my camera to my PlayBook? I'm going on a trip and I'm hoping to avoid taking my laptop. Of course I'm not going till the end of April so I'll likely have a Z10 and BlackBerry10 on my PlayBook so it may be a whole different ballgame.
    Eye-Fi.

Malcolm.
    02-12-13 12:37 PM
    Eye-Fi.

Malcolm.
    I looked into that but there is no BlackBerry app. How can I make that work?
    02-12-13 01:21 PM
    02-12-13 01:35 PM
    I can copy and past to my PB over wifi without issue. Go to settings, select storage and sharing, enable file sharing and wifi sharing. Then go to security and enable development mode. Then go back to the desktop of your PB and select the little development mode icon at the top and record the IP address there. Then open file explorer in windows and type //xxx.xxx.x.xx (where the x's are your IP address). Voila you can now navigate through the file system of the PB and copy and paste as you see fit. Also you can save this local as a shortcut on your desktop and just double click on it to access in the future. FYI you will not need to keep development mode on after this, you only needed it to determine your Playbook's IP address.
    02-12-13 02:38 PM
    Hey thanks. I got it sideloaded, now I just need to get an Eye-Fi card and see if it works.
    just_luc likes this.
    02-12-13 03:40 PM
    I can copy and past to my PB over wifi without issue. Go to settings, select storage and sharing, enable file sharing and wifi sharing. Then go to security and enable development mode. Then go back to the desktop of your PB and select the little development mode icon at the top and record the IP address there. Then open file explorer in windows and type //xxx.xxx.x.xx (where the x's are your IP address). Voila you can now navigate through the file system of the PB and copy and paste as you see fit. Also you can save this local as a shortcut on your desktop and just double click on it to access in the future. FYI you will not need to keep development mode on after this, you only needed it to determine your Playbook's IP address.
    He is talking about transferring files when you don't have a PC/ wifi network.

Also, you don't need Dev Mode to get IP address. If you go to Settings > About and change the pulldown to Network, it will show your IP address. It can also be found under WiFi > hit Status button at bottom left and change pulldown to Internet Connection.
    02-12-13 03:43 PM
    My mistake, missed that. Cool product. I use. my phone for most of my pictures nowadays and have it automatically send my new pics to dropbox.
    02-16-13 03:27 PM
    Hey thanks. I got it sideloaded, now I just need to get an Eye-Fi card and see if it works.
    Let us know how it works out.. I've been seriously considering picking up an eye-fi card myself, would be great to get instant access to photo's taken with my Nikon DSLR on my playbook.
    02-16-13 03:32 PM
    I use the Photobucket app on my BB and PB. They also can auto-upload all pics and vids.
    02-16-13 04:02 PM
    This will only work if your SD card from your camera fits and will work in your BB mobile.

I looked at your profile and can't see if you have a BB or not, but if you do try this, pair both your BB and PB via Bluetooth.
    Open File Manager on the PB.
    You should see a screen that has a pic of your PB and BB.
    Press the pic of your BB and model.
    You then see Device and Media Card options.
    Press Media Card.
    Scroll down and Press the Blackberry folder.
    Then Scroll down and Press the Pictures folder.
    Once you open the pictures folder you should see all your pics from the SD card.
    Press the one you want to Save ( it'll highlight in blue ).
    Press Open.
    Now here's the thing, in order to save it to your PB you have to do the Volume UP/Volume Down 3 second picture take.
    While viewing the pic you want to save, press and hold Vol Up &/Vol Down simultaneously for 3 seconds till you hear the shutter. Make sure your PB's volume is up so you'll hear it.
    The pic will now save to your PB's Camera Pictures folder.

Yes this is a painful way if you have a lot of pics but it works.
    02-16-13 04:14 PM