UPDATE: Hey everyone. Just want to say thanks to everyone who posted comments that actually had some opinions and insight on this situation. Just wanted to inform everybody on something I saw this morning on blackberry website. It says that an update should be coming today. I AM NOT guaranteeing it nor do I have any inside information. Figure I just let everybody know what I saw online. This is what was on blackberry website:

This is what it says on the BB website:

Software update v2.1.0.1526
    Feb. 13, 2013

Includes the following updates for the W-Fi only PlayBook:
    Improvements to Gmail� and Yahoo!� account setup services
    Enhancements to browser performance
    Audio Boost update to comply with European Standard 'EN 60950-1/A12'
    Renaming of BlackBerry App World™ storefront to BlackBerry� World™ storefront

Looks like a big move in the right direction. I am personally excited about the browser enhancements. Lets see how it works out. Once again thanks for everyone commenting on the thread and any more opinions or insight keep it coming!
    Last edited by bb4life21; 02-13-13 at 11:53 AM.
    02-13-13 11:41 AM
    BLACKBERRY is like a big ole supertanker trying to do a 360 turn, it just takes ages....
    I'm just trying to understand practical purpose of 360 degrees turn for a supertanker...
    Well, any other purpose than turn radius test, obviously...
    02-13-13 04:42 PM
    They said later this year. I am guessing April 18th. Only because that would be exactly 10 weeks after the launch.
    Hail yeah that's my burfdai!!! That would be awesome.

But in so many few words, no, weren't
    02-13-13 04:47 PM
    Got the update, but I haven't noticed any improvement in the browser. I'm just thankful it didn't erase the calendar this time.
    02-13-13 09:11 PM
    Got the update, but I haven't noticed any improvement in the browser. I'm just thankful it didn't erase the calendar this time.
    SMH...it sucks that we are to the point where if we get updates we are THANKFUL that it didn't mess anything up rather than happy IF anything get improved.
    02-15-13 02:10 AM
    Interesting. I've found a noticeable improvement in the browser and in general performance. It was starting to get laggy for me and is now zippy. Sites load quicker too. Room for improvement still, but I definitely am seeing an improvement.
    02-15-13 09:28 AM
    Somebody call the Waaaaaaaaambulance

OP, since you have not been appointed to PlayBook Owners Official Spokesperson, it would be better to use singular pronouns like I or Me because you don't speak for us or we...
    02-15-13 09:53 AM
    Somebody call the Waaaaaaaaambulance

OP, since you have not been appointed to PlayBook Owners Official Spokesperson, it would be better to use singular pronouns like I or Me because you don't speak for us or we...
    Scionicman if you read the post....I was speaking about me and idon12no...I was responding to HIS POST..but I understand it would take you to READ the post to understand that. Very hard concept.
    02-15-13 01:23 PM
    Interesting. I've found a noticeable improvement in the browser and in general performance. It was starting to get laggy for me and is now zippy. Sites load quicker too. Room for improvement still, but I definitely am seeing an improvement.
    I agree definitively a move in the right direction. At this point if they just give us "app world" fully populated from bb10 and have full bridge capabilities ready to go by march for z10 that would be great for me. Some people are talking about limitations due to specs (which I know nothing or even understand about as far as bb10) so I'm just waiting to see if blackberry gives a official word about that. Until then I consider all that pretty much "rumors"
    02-15-13 01:34 PM
    Scionicman if you read the post....I was speaking about me and idon12no...I was responding to HIS POST..but I understand it would take you to READ the post to understand that. Very hard concept.
    I'll tell the Waaaaaaambulance dispatcher that there are two "victims"...

/unsubscribed
    Last edited by TheScionicMan; 02-15-13 at 03:25 PM. Reason: bailing out of this hot mess
    02-15-13 03:10 PM
    I even been hearing that playbook doesn't even have the capabilities to run bb10 smh. I was just wondering what other playbook owners were thinking.
    as a playbook owner and developer. id like to answer the `what other owners are thinking` question.

im thinkin are you for real? apart from the fact the dev alpha A was pretty much PlayBook hardware (well, actually PlayBook LTE hardware if we are being accurate) then it would seem silly to imagine that a PlayBook cant run it while a phone of same spec can. seriously?
    Also lets go with the whole fact of the development tools, just having a poke around their frameworks shows BB10 PlayBook stuff, so again, seriously?
    And lastly, didnt RIM state BB10 would come out for the PlayBook AFTER BB10 phones had launched? yup, they did.

Now considering they said PlayBook would get BB10, what lack of info are your worried about exactly?

ok, so everything i just wrote is factual. would you like to back your `i even been hearing` with some facts?
    FF22 likes this.
    02-15-13 03:21 PM
    I'll tell the Waaaaaaambulance dispatcher that there are two "victims"...

/unsubscribed
    You know what your right. Only two people are questioning what's going on with the playbook. There are not even any threads on crackberry talking about disappointment with the way playbook was handled. Let me help you out what you want to hear...Playbook sold great at launch. Everybody went out and got one. It dominated the tablet market. Rim made so much money off it their stock sky rocketed thru the roof. They were on time with every update for playbook and the apps were amazing. Good enough for you fan boy? The funny thing is clowns like you are the reason blackberry is in situation it is in now. Never questioning or complaining about anything. Just aimlessly defending blackberry. Good job thats getting them back to the top. The reason people ask questions about whats going on with playbook is because there is never any exact dates! To make it worst there track record the last two years have been horrible. Guess what?.. People speculate because they have no choose too!!!! If blackberry gave dates there would be NO ONE speculating. But when you say "later this year" that's what you leave open. But don't worry fan boys like you will sit back and be like..."be patient" That has gotten blackberry very far. People are speaking up because they care. You want to be a fan boy cool. Not for everybody
    02-16-13 01:57 AM
    as a playbook owner and developer. id like to answer the `what other owners are thinking` question.

im thinkin are you for real? apart from the fact the dev alpha A was pretty much PlayBook hardware (well, actually PlayBook LTE hardware if we are being accurate) then it would seem silly to imagine that a PlayBook cant run it while a phone of same spec can. seriously?
    Also lets go with the whole fact of the development tools, just having a poke around their frameworks shows BB10 PlayBook stuff, so again, seriously?
    And lastly, didnt RIM state BB10 would come out for the PlayBook AFTER BB10 phones had launched? yup, they did.

Now considering they said PlayBook would get BB10, what lack of info are your worried about exactly?

ok, so everything i just wrote is factual. would you like to back your `i even been hearing` with some facts?
    I would like to ask you a question and reply with your question...Do you really want to talk about FACTS regarding what RIM has stated about playbook the last 2 years? Are you for real?
    Ok lets talk about your "facts". You stated ....."didnt RIM state BB10 would come out for the PlayBook AFTER BB10 phones had launched? yup, they did." Guess what developer...the reason why they are stating that as you say a "fact"...is because they already stated other "facts" that haven"t come true! Lets just name a few

Countless delays regarding updates and repairs for playbook...FACT
    BB10 being released in November-DECEMBER 2012 delayed....FACT
    Heins said it would only be 2 month delay from original expected launch 2 months. Nov +2 months = Jan. Dec +2 months = Feb...delayed again....FACT(I actually called verizon last week and they told me earliest late march for z10)
    So you might want to go check your definition of "fact". Your last question you ask me is "would you like to back your `i even been hearing` with some facts?" Hey developer.....by saying "I even been hearing" makes it non factual..meaning RUMOR...hence me ASKING what does everybody think...FACT being is the only reason people speculate or ask questions over forums is because blackberry leaves it up to us to do. If they gave exact dates and stuck to due dates....EVERYBODY SHUTS UP...so please developer go build an app that lets me know when bb10 is coming out for playbook....And one hint...."AFTER BB10 phones had launched" IS NOT A DATE!
    02-16-13 02:27 AM
    Heins said it would only be 2 month delay from original expected launch 2 months. Nov +2 months = Jan. Dec +2 months = Feb...delayed again....FACT(I actually called verizon last week and they told me earliest late march for z10)
    So you might want to go check your definition of "fact".
    so to be clear, your saying BB10 didnt launch in january? i have nothing left to say to you
    02-16-13 11:51 AM
    so to be clear, your saying BB10 didnt launch in january? i have nothing left to say to you
    Sorry I stand corrected. Yes to be clear it did "launch" in January. They had a "launch event" where Heins gave out another "estimate timeline" on when bb10 will be available for z10. Sorry for expectations that the phone would be available after "launch". I guess when they delayed it from 2012 to Jan 2013 and told us it was to make sure things were ready to roll out they meant not the products...just the launch party events. My mistake I stand corrected for assuming. Now with all that being said....what is the date that bb10 is coming to playbook or z10 US release????.....you forgot to answer that in your post......its coming..ummmm...ok
    02-16-13 12:25 PM
    Sorry I stand corrected. Yes to be clear it did "launch" in January. They had a "launch event" where Heins gave out another "estimate timeline" on when bb10 will be available for z10.
    sorry to break it to ya, but BlackBerry fans in the UK are lining up for the BlackBerry Z10 | CrackBerry.com people were buying Z10`s in january. so yes, they did (to use your words) 'roll out the products' in january.
    02-16-13 12:56 PM
    sorry to break it to ya, but BlackBerry fans in the UK are lining up for the BlackBerry Z10 | CrackBerry.com people were buying Z10`s in january. so yes, they did (to use your words) 'roll out the products' in january.
    That's funny..."they rolled out" the products so much...I can't even get one. Silly me when they delayed to "roll out products" in Jan. they meant the UK.Now I get it. It was a UK launch in New York...Its pretty common to launch a new product and give it to the most important market over a month and a half later. What was I thinking. In 2012 they were so clear that was the intent. Actually when they had that superbowl commercial Feb 3rd I should have know it would be late march. My fault I stand corrected. So once again...when is bb10 coming to playbook..I mean your contradicting yourself because YOUR argument was AND I QUOTE"And lastly, didnt RIM state BB10 would come out for the PlayBook AFTER BB10 phones had launched? yup, they did." So when exactly is this date developer....let me guess "be patient"
    02-16-13 01:09 PM
    When your able to have a rational conversation, lemme know ok.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-16-13 01:20 PM
    When your able to have a rational conversation, lemme know ok.

Good job..back out slowly..won't hold you to the things that you wrote that doesn't add up...let me help you out...I say that playbook doesn't have bb10 available yet...your response is "And lastly, didnt RIM state BB10 would come out for the PlayBook AFTER BB10 phones had launched? yup, they did." Ok cool

Then I say bb10 launch was delayed for phones. Then you say BB10 WAS LAUNCHED IN JANUARY....???? So which one is it...So your defense that the playbook bb10 is not out yet is because is supposed to be " AFTER BB10 phones had launched" but now you are saying that bb10 phones already launched to defend there were no delays? It's ok developer. When your aimlessly defending something without thinking you tend to make no sense. Bye
    02-16-13 01:32 PM
    Good job..back out slowly..won't hold you to the things that you wrote that doesn't add up...let me help you out...I say that playbook doesn't have bb10 available yet...your response is "And lastly, didnt RIM state BB10 would come out for the PlayBook AFTER BB10 phones had launched? yup, they did." Ok cool
    if you agree now, why did you disagree one post ago?

Then I say bb10 launch was delayed for phones. Then you say BB10 WAS LAUNCHED IN JANUARY....???? So which one is it...
    well i thought we kinda agreed its both, you clearly wrote 'Heins said it would only be 2 month delay from original expected launch 2 months. Nov +2 months = Jan' which i agreed with, but you wanted to contest that it wasnt released in january, when the reality is it was. just because it wasnt released where you live, yea that sucks but doesnt change that its been released in january as was stated.

So your defense that the playbook bb10 is not out yet is because is supposed to be " AFTER BB10 phones had launched" but now you are saying that bb10 phones already launched to defend there were no delays?
    see above, i agreed with you 2 month delay comment, very clearly, so iv never said there werent any delays. and its not a defense that BB10 isnt out yet for the playbook because they said it would release after the phones, thats known as a fact. this is what was stated on the record by RIM.

It's ok developer. When your aimlessly defending something without thinking you tend to make no sense. Bye
    i`ll leave it to others to decide if what im saying makes sense. thats of course seperate to wether people like the sense it makes.

my final comment for you, is you seem exceptionally combative and angry, lets all just remember this is simply a piece of glass metal and plastic.
    02-16-13 02:03 PM

well i thought we kinda agreed its both, you clearly wrote 'Heins said it would only be 2 month delay from original expected launch 2 months. Nov +2 months = Jan' which i agreed with, but you wanted to contest that it wasnt released in january, when the reality is it was. just because it wasnt released where you live, yea that sucks but doesnt change that its been released in january as was stated.

see above, i agreed with you 2 month delay comment, very clearly, so iv never said there werent any delays. and its not a defense that BB10 isnt out yet for the playbook because they said it would release after the phones, thats known as a fact. this is what was stated on the record by RIM.

i`ll leave it to others to decide if what im saying makes sense. thats of course seperate to wether people like the sense it makes.

my final comment for you, is you seem exceptionally combative and angry, lets all just remember this is simply a piece of glass metal and plastic.
    lol come on now let's not play the "I seem angry". You started your first post being sarcastic .."Im simplying thinkin are you for real? Then I walked you through your FACTS and they don't add up. You know that so your post before this one was "When your able to have a rational conversation, lemme know ok. " Which translates to I have nothing to say and I have been talking in circles. You are trying to take a play on words and twist it to make you sound like your saying something. So when you go "And lastly, didnt RIM state BB10 would come out for the PlayBook AFTER BB10 phones had launched? And then say that the phones have not been delayed in Jan...IT DOESN'T ADD UP. You can play lost and "Well it did launch in UK" or "It did technically launch Jan 30 even if you get your phone late march" Come on now save that. If YOU want to have a rational conversation lets talk rational. Like I stated before in our post. The REASON anybody speculates is because blackberry leaves it for us to do. You know how you could have shut me up and anybody else...STATE A DATE...Which I asked you for since first post..you know why you can't..because there is not one...People care that's why we want a date..it's not a insult to blackberry...So developer if you are ok with "After bb10 release" as your date for when playbook will get it fine..not saying its right or wrong.but you can't fault me or anyone else for asking ...This is all based on opinion

in response to Originally Posted by bb4life21
    I don't agree. "yup they did" is part of your quote. "Ok cool" was to say if that's how you feel cool
    02-16-13 02:23 PM
    Gentlemen, ladies -

I've spent the last half an hour or so editing posts in this thread. Please remember this is a family forum, and we can ALL agree to disagree.
    Also remember the CrackBerry.com policies, no personal attacks, flaming one another and the likes. I'd hate to start handing out more infractions, and then simply closing the thread. We don't want to stifle conversation, but, at the same time, let's all be adults here and have a 'conversation'.

Thanks

Ivan
    02-16-13 03:42 PM
    Got to jump in here. You call that a launch?
    02-16-13 04:17 PM
    Got to jump in here. You call that a launch?
    Yup, pretty certain it's classed as a launch when it's available to buy in shops.

02-16-13 05:00 PM
    Do NOT forget to read the Moderator's Note!
    02-16-13 05:51 PM
175 ... 567